Curve chat

The Black cards have “commercial” on the back (above the debit sticker).

Writing is “slightly” easier to read as well.

Looks like you got lucky with enrolment? Any way to measure what cashback you’re getting?

I’ll need to use it… I’ll report back when I do! lol

Edit - The black card is a HORRIBLE finger print magnet!

No idea, I think Curve have confused themselves.

I did have a black card but even on this card I get instant cash back at 1.5% on about 50 different retailers.

If I could link my Amex back up to the app I’d use Curve in a heartbeat, but with Monzo/Apple Pay I just don’t see the need.

1 Like

They did a survey last month which suggests they’re looking at it. Might be a premium feature though.

The CEO has added some context to the latest changes.

My Cafe Nero and Halford’s purchases and a referral in past couple of month contributed to having £26 worth of rewards on Curve. I have recycled these rewards point via monzo.me.
So basically paid £26 from Curve back into my Monzo account. Off to buy a coffee again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You must be permanently buzzing!

1 Like

I wonder if pressure had been put on them to share the MCC. Being able to use one card for purchases and withdraw cash and get cashback was wonderful. With this change, I may as well just use my Monzo card, unless they allow you to route different MCC codes to different cards automagically. Then I could just use my Curve card and have cash withdrawals come from Monzo and spending from Tandem.

1 Like

Work I do demands Coffe with extra shots at least twice a day :wink:

So does my Blue card

IMG_2788

Possibly. A while back Tesco tried to treat all Curve transactions as cash advances. On the other hand, it may have always been in the pipeline.

1 Like

Mine is blank where your says commercial?

A little confusing. I understand ATM transactions will be recognised as cash withdrawals, is that the same for using your credit card to top your current account online do we think? If within the fair use policy.

I’d say the system will come to recognise that as a cash transaction, yes.

2 Likes

The ‘0%’ has been revealed to be 0% FX fees, interbank like Revolut with a weekend hike.

Limited to £500 per month on the blue card, £15k per year on the black.

To add to that:

If you have the free Curve Blue card:

You can spend £500 per month in foreign currency at 0% FX, after which a 2% fee applies

You can withdraw £200 per month from an ATM in foreign currency at 0% FX, after which a charge of 2% or £2, whichever is higher, applies

Like Revolut, there is a weekend surcharge of 0.5% for £, $ and € (1.5% for other currencies) to reflect the currency risk taken by guaranteeing the closing Friday rate

If you have the £50 annual fee Curve Black card:

You can spend £15,000 per year in foreign currency at 0% FX, after which a 2% fee applies

You can withdraw £400 per month from an ATM in foreign currency at 0% FX, after which a charge of 2% or £2, whichever is higher, applies

Like Revolut, there is a weekend surcharge of 0.5% for £, $ and € (1.5% for other currencies) to reflect the currency risk taken by guaranteeing the closing Friday rate

unless they have changed the rules for new accounts the Black card is a one off £50 charge, not an annual fee!

I wonder if it will become so though, as anyone going abroad is likely to just upgrade if they feel they will need more than £500 FX.

1 Like