Curve Feedback

(Andy) #828

I’m a fan of the new design. And for that reason it can remain in my wallet.

What’s the deal on Black or Blue cards?

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #830

Blue cards were a tier below black cards, to do with cost of the card and subsequent levels of cashback. I think Curve issued black cards to everyone for a while to use up stock – I recall folk on here enrolling in the blue tier but receiving a black card. The assumption was that the tiers remained but all cards would be black, but it seems they’ve begun reissuing blue cards in the new blank design.

I joined Curve right at the outset, and paid £75 for a black card on the promise of a higher tier of customer rewards, before Curve rewards had been defined. For that I received a wallet ‘worth’ £60 as a free gift. When Curve later removed Amex integration I also received reward points to the cash value of £50, and cashback is set at 3% on the original scheme (now withdrawn to new customers) so my outlay proved to pay off.

Yeah, I was one of those people (signed up for blue… received black).

I’ve just received a new black card - From what I can see:

The Curve Black card gives you double the reward points of Curve Blue. Curve Blue earns 1.5% cashback at selected participating retailers (except Virgin Experience, at 2.5%). Curve Black is 3% cashback at these same retailers (5% at Virgin Experience). This cashback is paid in the form of reward points, with each point being equivalent to 1 pence. This is credited to your Curve Rewards account immediately after the purchase is made.

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #832

Really?

I have not had anything for ages?

That was a copy and paste job from a website - No idea how accurate it is!

I don’t really use Curve so couldn’t comment!

(vebaev) #834

Beautiful! Very adorable pattern!

PS
I mean the furball at the back :joy:

PS
I got the same blue card I like it too - no number no name

The Black cards have “commercial” on the back (above the debit sticker).

Writing is “slightly” easier to read as well.

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #836

Looks like you got lucky with enrolment? Any way to measure what cashback you’re getting?

I’ll need to use it… I’ll report back when I do! lol

Edit - The black card is a HORRIBLE finger print magnet!

(Andy) #838

No idea, I think Curve have confused themselves.

I did have a black card but even on this card I get instant cash back at 1.5% on about 50 different retailers.

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #839

If I could link my Amex back up to the app I’d use Curve in a heartbeat, but with Monzo/Apple Pay I just don’t see the need.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #840

They did a survey last month which suggests they’re looking at it. Might be a premium feature though.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #841

The CEO has added some context to the latest changes.

My Cafe Nero and Halford’s purchases and a referral in past couple of month contributed to having £26 worth of rewards on Curve. I have recycled these rewards point via monzo.me.
So basically paid £26 from Curve back into my Monzo account. Off to buy a coffee again :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You must be permanently buzzing!

I wonder if pressure had been put on them to share the MCC. Being able to use one card for purchases and withdraw cash and get cashback was wonderful. With this change, I may as well just use my Monzo card, unless they allow you to route different MCC codes to different cards automagically. Then I could just use my Curve card and have cash withdrawals come from Monzo and spending from Tandem.

Work I do demands Coffe with extra shots at least twice a day :wink:

(Noel Edmonds Beard Sculptor ) #846

So does my Blue card

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #847

Possibly. A while back Tesco tried to treat all Curve transactions as cash advances. On the other hand, it may have always been in the pipeline.