Curve Feedback

(Leon) #768

Nah it’s plastic.

Behind the Curve.

Curve has a new card design.

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #771

Appears they still issue a blue and a black card. I thought there was discussion on here that everyone was getting black cards.

(Jedihomer Townend) #772

And while it looks nice on the front, it’s terrible on the back…

The details are very hard to read in poor light…

Some of my digits already look like they are fading off, making them very very hard to read…

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #773

Is it the same design on the reverse as Starling’s new cards?

Would you mind sharing the photo if you can of the back?

(Jedihomer Townend) #775

Nope…

Dark Purple backing, dark grey coloured font, the long card number only goes half way across the back, followed by the date, then blank up to the Debit Hologram.

Name a similar size…

(Jedihomer Townend) #776

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #777

It’s interesting that Mastercard, or the International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) haven’t specified a common design format for these new cards.

And is your name Jedihomer?! That’s cool.

Thanks mate - It’s not great - are they trying to test customer vision :sweat_smile:

Are they reissuing cards? Or are you a new customer? (Or something else!)

(Jedihomer Townend) #780

‘Lost’ my wallet the other week, so needed a replacement card.

I think they’re issuing them automatically for people who still have the pre-paid card. Other than that, I think it’s just the new card you’ll get when you need a replacement or are a new customer.

That’s weird - I received a new card only last month and it was the old one (they automatically send me the card).

Must have happened very recently.

(Jamie 🏳️‍🌈) #782

Have had a Curve (black) account since they launched and haven’t been upgraded. The expiry on the card is a couple of months into next year.

(vebaev) #783

I just got my card and was surprised that after 3-4 tries to make first chip&PIN it did not work probably for the same reason… :frowning:
Also for that reason too (BORICA) my Monzo Apple Pay does not work!!! stupid company :frowning:

Heads up, looks like Curve will now pass the correct MCC through to the underlying card:

https://blog.imaginecurve.com/introduction-of-new-technology-for-transaction-processing/

So it looks like cash and cash-like transactions will now be presented to the underlying card issuer as such, thus incurring charges / different interest rates.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #785

Yep

Some transactions may result in charges being levied by certain issuers, dependent on their own terms of service. For example, your card issuer will be able to identify cash withdrawals from your payment card, therefore withdrawing cash from a credit card is not recommended.

(Andy) #786

This kills a major feature of Curve for me

One day’s notice, slipped out silently on their blog, no email or app alerts.

This doesn’t endear Curve to me. I wonder how many people are going to get caught out?