Curve chat

I’ve got a problem with Curve I’ve not received the cards they are sending out to me.

1 Like

That is the trouble, they are Curve cards. Maybe like a boomerang they go past you but catch you on the way back!

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin::grin: I have not caught them yet!

2 Likes

I kinda agree with you both. I can’t see how Curve is a viable standalone business if they just carry on with the current product set. I do wonder, though, if the technology wouldn’t be helpful to drive adoption of a broader platform that has revenues elsewhere and for which the Curve tech would drive adoption. Problem is that (I think) no fintech with a complementary business model is big enough to go shopping yet.

(Although, as discussed, there might be cheaper / easier options to make that happen than acquiring Curve, making the point kinda moot.)

Got this from Curve today;

curve

1 Like

Yeah, I hope they aren’t about to withdraw their “legacy” rewards programme - I’m earning a fairly decent amount of cashback through them…

1 Like

And hundreds of pounds thru referrals

Really? I’m jealous… I really need to start shilling it more. :joy:

1 Like

They pay £5 per referral, whereas Monese pay £10 which is even better :wink:

Yeah, I got the same. 3% isn’t that much though, only about 9p for a Mint Choc Chip cooler frostino from Costa. (Those mint choc chip coolers frostinos are really nice. Bloody expensive though.)

If only I were any good at getting people to join :frowning:

I just noticed a bunch of pending referrals on my Curve card. Most of those people I don’t know so not sure if they actually ordered & used their card, but one of them is my friend and the card is in his wallet (the one they gave with the 50£ “black” card) and I’m sure he’s used it.

Might have to ask support as I suspect there’s a bug somewhere.

1 Like

Yep, I have about a dozen or so pending like that, however as I am getting referrals thru regularly enough for it to be a reliable source of income I am not worried.

2 Likes

Very disappointed that spending analytics doesn’t work properly with Curve. 2nd consecutive transaction that doesn’t categorise correctly nor does the logo appear properly.
Is this normal?

You might need to raise it with COps.

Basically Curve transactions come through with a reference of CRVOrginalTransactionReference. So instead of the transaction coming from SainsburysSouthwarkBranch it comes from CRVSainsburysSouthwarkBranch

I believe they’re able to add this as an addition to the main code…

1 Like

Yup, due to that I try to use my Monzo card for anything I’m buying with Monzo, then Curve for my other accounts as I’m not that bothered that they don’t have this information.

1 Like

The thing is I don’t want to have to do this for ALL transactions as that’s just inconvenient. If it’s the case that all my transactions must be flagged when using Curve, I’m just not going to use it. Messaged in-app support so will await what they say.

I’ll just stick to using :green_apple: Pay and Curve as a back up when Apple Pay doesn’t work then.

Curve isn’t important enough to Monzo to justify the cost of putting some sort of logic in their merchant identification engine to handle all cases automatically

Tbh, from what I know of the Monzo merchant mapping thing it seems very minimal / non-flexible. Mostly seems to be a this data => this merchant thing with exact matching so it’s not easy for them to add dynamic rules like for filtering the Curve supplied data

That’s fair enough. For what it’s worth, here’s what the customer op had to say on the matter:

That’s a different tune than I got a while back but a pleasant one at that

1 Like