Curve chat

I struggle to see how that can be profitable: firstly, that difference is still really small, and secondly they actually now issue personal cards (both my and my wife’s are personal cards), thus the difference (if it’s there at all) will be even smaller.

3 Likes

Sure.

Hey all, I just removed a bunch of off-topic posts. Let’s carry on with the Curve chat :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks Richard :smiley:

1 Like

I had already moved on and was talking to somebody else about Curve before you came back and here we are.

So, Curve.

I think as a few others have said, if you only really use one account, Curve isn’t too useful, but if you have lots of accounts with lots of money on different account, it’s great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No I disagree I think it’s useful as your original card will be safe and secure at home while you shop with your Curve card. Secondly you minimise any card cloning or anything of that sort as its not your original card being used. That’s all I can think of at the moment.

4 Likes

But if you use Monzo, using Curve is just as secure as using your Monzo card, apart from the fact you lose your card and need to replace it… But you would have to replace your Curve card anyway :smiley:

Point taken though, and yes I guess that makes sense.

The time it takes to approve annoys me though, and the fact that not all transactions display in your feed properly :frowning:

1 Like

That’s a good point well made as well.

1 Like

I think Monzo has fixed that so feeds now look normal when using Curve.

2 Likes

I use it primarily as a cashback card - and it’s actually quite good at it, as I consistently get 3% at supported retailers. It’s also useful for credit card transactions under £100 (in which case Section 75 doesn’t apply anyway) for the instant notifications you get, since it usually takes a few days for transactions to show up on your credit card statement.

1 Like

Oh :open_mouth: I honestly just thought it was because I had reported the few merchants I use the most. This is great news :smiley: thanks

1 Like

I don’t use it for that as I don’t really use the stores that are linked with Curve for one reason or another.

I wish I had this benefit. Sadly I’m skint all the time and never shop in any of the places :sob::rofl:

2 Likes

Who has paid the 50 quid for the “pro” card?

3 Likes

Not me that’s for sure.

I was shocked that there doesn’t seem to be a way to upgrade later though…

1 Like

I agree I’m definitely not paying for just a 1.5 per cent increase in cashback. They are having a laugh. There is a way to upgrade pay the 50 quid and they will cancel your normal card and send you a pro card.

1 Like

Ah - but they also have a few restaurants - like YO! Sushi and T.G.I. Fridays. Granted I don’t go to those very often, but when I do it’s a nice perk.

2 Likes

I love this. The sarcasm I imagine in your voice is incredible :joy:

1 Like

I find I use it at Halfords regularly. I have a pro card but got it when a half price promotion was on.

3 Likes