Curve chat

Google Pay is working with Curve! :tada:

Not tried it in a shop yet but this is awesome news.

I’m looking forward to give Dozens another try now I can use Google Pay through Curve :sunglasses:

This and the addition of Samsung Pay has got me back interested in Curve.

3 Likes

Has added the card but Curve has so far not sent the verification code - 30 minutes ago. This might need a bit more work…

They haven’t officially mentioned it anywhere, it’s just someone spotted it worked on the Curve forum.

So you might want to wait until it officially is.

Having said that my code came through for both Google Pay and Samsung Pay registration.

Official as of today.

1 Like

Just added my Curve card to G Pay and Samsung Pay.

Huge news for all Samsung watch owners as we can now use Monzo with it!

@Elvis just to keep the other topic on the topic of Samsung Pay for Monzo, I thought I’d reply here, I hope you don’t mind.

Someone over on the Curve forum posted a solution which may be of help, otherwise you might have to contact CS :slight_smile:

https://community.curve.app/t/weve-launched-samsung-pay/14602/29?u=jacko

Just waiting on Apple Pay now :ok_hand:

1 Like

All the fintechs and friends have been in touch today.

Curve dropped me a line to say:

We are launching Curve Experts, a network of selected customers that will be contacted by the Product Team to share insights and feedback for improvements and new developments.

If you decide to participate, you will be in contact with the Product Team, helping us shape the future of Curve.

They sent that to everyone.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I didn’t think I was special!

2 Likes

Oh but you are, Peter, you are…:grinning:

3 Likes

Not content with attacking everyone who said they (for various reasons) weren’t fans of the expensive rebrand, Curve are changing MCCs without informing customers :confused:

Is this regarding cash withdrawals?

No, purchases it seems.

It’s for purchases where Curve hasn’t passed the exact same MCC but instead changed it into a more general one (e.g. sporting goods store -> general retail store).

Presumably this is for complexity reasons on their backend, but they’re not being very clear on the forum.

1 Like

Like an earlier post, I have my Tandem credit card linked to my Curve card and am just using it for shopping at Aldi for the cashback.
As soon as that offer finishes, I’ll either ditch curve or possibly use it for work to save me having to take my wallet

Curve introducing a 1.5% fee if you use their card with places like HMRC with an underlying credit card.

Having voluntarily destroyed their main USP, I suspect their business is about to take a sharp downturn come January

7 Likes

I stopped using Curve a while ago. It’s just a useless novelty now.

4 Likes

That’s really disappointing, seems very unecessary.

You’d think it would at least be free for those who are paying them £10 a month for debatable benefits!

4 Likes

I use it for negligible cashback from some of their legacy Curve Black retailers. I also have it for Google Pay with Dozens. Though not that I use Dozens these days…

Curve isn’t a viable standalone business imo. If they’d gone full financial hub then maybe. But it’s just a bit rubbish.

(If the tech is good, I’m down with Monzo buying them at a knock down rate and integrating the concept. Spend on other cards with your Monzo card anyone?)

3 Likes