Current Account Sneak Peeks

(Christopher J. Sladdin) #1

Given that current account testing is now underway, I’d be really interested in seeing some sneak peaks of current account features, such as salary payments, direct debits, standing orders and the like. @hugo, would you be up for sharing some of these designs with the community?

I can’t imagine it would be much different from what we have now to be honest. Could be wrong though. Happy to welcome the sneak peeks mind :eyes:

(Christopher J. Sladdin) #3

Would assume the same but keen to test that assumption. I’d have thought that salary payments wouldn’t look much different to normal top-up transactions (albeit with the company logo perhaps?) but @tom has previously mentioned a payments management tab or similar for the direct debits, standing orders, etc and setting up payments to non-Monzo accounts would likely involve some different processes and screens in app.

I would imagine it would be in the same tab but just with added steps, though only an assumption.

(Hugo Cornejo) #5

We’re actually putting together the final pieces of all the things you’ve mentioned. Bear with us a few days and we’ll share a proper preview :slight_smile:

(Peter Day) #6

Excellent! Really excited to see!

(Benjamin Doherty) #7

Buzzing, Cant wait to see a sneak peak at the current account.

I’ve got to admit. This does look pretty intriguing. I’ve always been fond of the idea of managing my actual bank accounts through the phone.

Santander have come along way in that regard but I’ve got faith that the guys here at Monzo will be able to blow that out of the water with their alternative approach to it. :slight_smile:

(Graham - Mental health professional) #9

We’re teetering on the edge of a new current account, so it’s getting serious. It’s coming down to those features which might or might not enable a Monzo card user to go the whole hog.

Santander do at least one thing very well - scrutinising for potential fraud. The SMS which alerts me to unusual purchasing patterns. The opportunity to speak to a helper to clarify the issue.

I’ll be keen to see what the Monzo safeguards will be.

Instant notifications when a payment is made. Allowing you to freeze your card there and then to stop any further fraud and then report straight back to Monzo.

(Adam Hockley) #11

Update @hugo would be cool :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

I’m sure when he’s back in the office he will share what he can.

(Daniel Rivers - Proud Current Account Holder) #13

I am leaving Santanader, I have found their app approach to be odd like they’re not too sure what to do with them. I think they have THREE apps now to help you manage your accounts, all of them almost do the same thing …

(Graham - Mental health professional) #14

Santander have their strengths but are never likely to compete in the tech department. They are what they are. :neutral_face:

(james_e_bell) #15

Ill continue to use Santander for my joint account as their cashback and interest is good (cashback on mortgage payment alone outweighs their fee). Ill switch over my own current account to monzo when available though.

(Daniele Palumbo) #16

Absolutely agree. Also none of their app really works because you have to wait more than 2/3 days to have all your transactions. Monzo app has a much greater UX and flexibility. Can’t wait to be able to access the new account!

(connorianreilly) #17

:eye: :eye: weirdly excited for the preview …

(Joshua Farmer) #18

I have issues with my bank ALL the time… and then have to spend extra time on the phone trying to fix it and only if I am in the country. I had an issue with my Monzo in Warsaw, got onto the chat in two minutes where someone was replying and helping me within another minute. I got a new card sent to my home address as the contactless wasn’t working and didn’t have to remember any of those account login details and home address etc. It was an amazing experience, and I even said that at the time… I am just waiting for the day I can use my Monzo as my main or even only account! :smiley:

(Geoffrey McCaleb) #19

My kingdom for current account access. My fiancé and I just got a joint account, coming up to two weeks and still don’t have online access due to their archaic/inane security policies and procedures, which all require things to be dropped in the post (which of course is 100% reliable and never gets lost).

Save me.

(Tom ) #20

@hugo is such a tease