CSV Exports

:wave:

@Lewis_P that was some eagle spotting! :smiley:

We’ve now rolled out the improved data structure of CSV exports! The previous format was built for the Prepaid account so a lot has changed since then, and lacked a few fields that make a lot of sense in the current account.

Crucially, you now have the “Name” field which shows the pretty name for the Merchant, as well as names for Pots and Contacts. You also get a new “Type” field with the “scheme” used for each payment, so you can distinguish between Pot movements, card payments, direct debits, etc.

:exclamation: We’ll be sharing content with all customers, likely with a blog post, and showcase some examples of what’s possible to do with your transaction data in Google Sheets. I’d love to include some examples from the Community, so if you’re using Google Sheets to get insights from your transactions please share them here (or DM me) with either screenshots or a link to your sheet. Don’t worry, we won’t share your actual data/sheets!! I just want to see what type of insights you’ve built and we’ll use dummy data to replicate.

Here are all the fields available now:

• Transaction ID
  • Date
  • Time
  • Type
  • Name
  • Emoji
  • Category
  • Amount
  • Currency
  • Local amount
  • Local currency
  • Notes and #tags
  • Address
  • Receipt
  • Description

You can download a CSV of all your transaction data from the bottom of Summary.

5 Likes

This is excellent, I did an export yesterday and it looks great. However, you missed a field off your list:

• Category split

is the last column in my export.

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

5 Likes

:eyes:

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is something for another thread another time. Let’s stay on CSVs please :pray:

6 Likes

Cross post, let’s move it over here:

1 Like

But on topic…

Will this same CSV mechanism get rolled out to the search field as well as summary, as the two are different?

Would be interesting to see what clever dashboards people can build. I generally only export my data once every few months just to have a high level view of my spending, but I do love a good dashboard :slight_smile:

The search field export wasn’t part of this project. Not clear if anyone is working on it.

Search generally needs some work, so maybe there will be a team that overhauls search and includes CSV export in that work? :crossed_fingers: Oh, to be able to specify a date range and export all transactions between those dates (as you can with legacy banks :grimacing:).

3 Likes

Does this distinguish between Apple Pay vs Contactless vs Pin transactions?

No, they are all bucketed together under card payment.

It will separate card / bacs / faster Payment but not the type of card payment made

On a joint account, who made the transaction!

2 Likes

Just tried the new CSV export & am v glad that time & date separated–makes it much easier to sort & filter to summarise what I’ve spent with one merchant in one time period. My wish, if I’d seen this in time, would be for a custom date range of export and/or month by month, not only the last month. I know I can filter the ‘all time’ one in excel, but would be less friction if I didn’t have to.
Thanks for the existing improvements :blush:

1 Like

This used to be possible, but there’s a bug preventing it from working.

No response from any Monzo staff so unclear if it’s being investigated or not.

1 Like

I just tried this on my phone and it works for me…

1 Like

My apologies, I hadn’t tried it again since February when the bug was there. Thanks for correcting me, great to have the monthly exports back! Just tried it and it’s working for me too. :partying_face:

So the correct response to this should have been to say:

1. Tap on the little pie chart in the top right of the main feed to go to the Summary (budgets) screen
  2. Tap on the This Period dropdown at the top under Summary
  3. Choose the month you want to export
  4. Scroll to the bottom, and tap on Export & bank statements
  5. You have the option for All Time or <Month> based on the month you selected for the summary period
  6. You’re then presented with the options of PDF, CSV, or QIF
3 Likes

Ooh! It worked! Fab, thank you very much for that, game-changer for me :blush:

1 Like

Anyone else lost the ‘export and bank statements’ link? I can’t seem to see how to export my transactions from the summary page?? There’s no option anywhere anymore!

are you looking for … on iOS bank statements - ?

from the summary page pick the month below “summary” scroll to the bottom of the page and export bottom right follow the prompts

for PDFs - on the home screen under your card image , go to account , go to statement history, pick a month

for CSV exports - search button top right …type in month and year as the search , export bottom right CSV or QIF

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.