Cryptocurrency Chat

Interesting.

The only other one I have is blockchain .com which I signed up for, for a free £10 BTC. No idea if it’s the best exchange though.

2 Likes

Different Exchanges for different requirements :grin:

I prefer a Fiat to Crypto & Crypto to Fiat, and hold it. So BitPanda is very suitable for that :relieved:

Binance is probably more suitable for daily traders :chart_with_downwards_trend::chart_with_upwards_trend:

I do keep an eye on LunaC, so glad that a few exchanges sells it :blush:

True - I’m not sure I have the requirement yet. Blockchain allow cold storage, fees are like 99p for £20 which tbf seems a bit high? You can’t sell one crypto to another on the app as far as I can tell.

I never used cold storage, dealing with a few crypto exchanges instead (don’t keep all your eggs in a single basket) :wink:

I am using :

CoinBase - USA
BitPanda - Austria
Revolut - UK
Swissquote - Switzerland
Binance - (current HQ) Cayman Islands
Bitvavo - Netherlands

2 Likes

Luno do a similar offer too (free tenner) but you don’t purchase anything. Good when it’s free :joy:

I don’t have cold storage. Have some with a few wallets on major exchanges. I feel I’m more likely to lose the cold storage to be honest

2 Likes

:thinking::face_with_monocle:

Has anyone had any issues with CoinJar and Monzo for small amounts of investing in crypto ?

Personal use , bit of fun type use?

They look to be registered with the FCA in the uk so from a safe exchange from Monzo’s perspective with there security checks ect….

Thanks guys :pray:

1 Like

What do you mean security checks? Those only happen in account opening.

If you basically mean you want to lose some money in crypto purchases you’re fine if it’s small change, it’s all about limits and mitigating risk.

How does your other bank handle these if you have one?

1 Like

Hi @Carlo1460 , thanks for your reply. I was more thinking alone the lines of “monzo’s fraud system would be happyier with me using an exchange that is registered with the FCA , over say an exchange thats not registered as there security checks will be stronger”

Monzo is my main account with a high street account as a spare. It would be my first time playing with small amounts of crypto so very beginner.

Has anyone had any experiences with coinjar ? There trust pilot review’s look alot more positive than some of the others like coinbase ect……

I also like that coinjar seem to be established for a good few years now.

1 Like

Why not use the high street bank?

1 Like

There isn’t a high level low level risk afaik. It’s more based on amounts (top end, not frequency, £30k pa let’s say) opposed to only saying £100 on this crypto seller and you’re out, but £6k at this crypto is fine.

It’s more total value Vs risk and where you fit in with that.

Nobody here will know, or can share, what the risk appetite is fully.

It’s also your risk for you to decide whether it’s worth your money being used towards, not anyone elses.

1 Like

That is an option , i just like using Monzo for everything as it is my main account.

Thank you

Not had any drama in a while, then someone presses the nuclear button.

That’s some reversal of wealth :eyes:

As of Friday morning, Bloomberg terminals were reporting Bankman-Fried’s wealth as down “100%” from $16.2bn earlier this year, with his current net worth estimated at $3.

1 Like

Really unsure how you estimate someone’s wealth at $3. How do they know it’s not $6? Have they been found his house and searched the back of his couch for change :sweat_smile:

Overall unsurprising crypto crash almost anyone could have predicted.

3 Likes

Is crypto still a thing? :thinking:

4 Likes

It is indeed!

I just netted a 13% trade with Coinbase stock.

I think this will riddle out all the coins which are effectively start ups - as well as some of the shadier exchanges.

3 Likes

A lot of accurate crypto info :chart_with_upwards_trend::bar_chart::chart_with_downwards_trend: could be found at

1 Like

It’s still the best way of paying for cocaine on the dark web, but I’m not sure that’s enough to secure its future. As far as I can tell, it’s still just one big example of greater fool theory, driven by FOMO.

I find the whole market fascinating - it’s huuuge - but I can’t bring myself to invest, however much I read on Reddit that Bitcoins are an absolute bargain right now.

3 Likes

Compared to previous prices yes. Compared to its future value, maybe but probably not.

I think Monero is popular on the black markets, Bitcoin less so because it leaves a clear trail of who has bought it.

3 Likes