Cruelty Free Products

I did see Bulldog but wasn’t sure if it was any good and no one I asked seems to have used it either.

Compare to a lot of other cruelty free brands it does seem reasonably priced so I may give them a whirl :clap:t2:

Hi,

I’m looking into selling cruelty free products either online or retail. The new thing is Korean skincare. South Korea stopped animal testing this year & dnt sell any products in China.

Lots of the products are vegan friendly , produced mostly in E.U / U.K.

If anyone is interested please let me know :hugs:

Oh some cosmetics are gender neutral.

1 Like

Hi

New to here but wondering if anyone buys cruelty free beauty products?

Hey Mich, I’ve moved your post here as others have shared their advice in this topic & it helps keep all of the discussion in one place, I hope that’s alright!

I am trying my best to go cruelty free, there’s loads of choice out there but not enough if you ask me. I really think the government need to be stricter on what they allow to be sold, they have banned animal testing in the UK so I think it’s only logical that they ban products that have been tested on animals full stop.

1 Like

What’s the brand? Just making sure it’s not an MLM.

There’s a full list of K-beauty brands that are cruelty free here. The ones in bold test in China though, and that covers pretty much all the well-known/ cheaper/ more accessible brands eg Innisfree and Laniege.

Generally I wouldn’t recommend anyone buy korean brands within the UK because prices are so inflated. Tonymoly is a brand that you see in TK Maxx quite a bit and a hand cream that normally goes for about £6 is £15.90 there. If you do purchase, wait for sales and purchase from their global online stores. Resellers on eBay etc. often have well-made fakes or nearly expired goods. If it’s suspiciously cheap it is probably too good to be true

1 Like

Hi,

Any brand sold in China is tested on animals as a legal status. But even they are now considering to banning the testing. Most beauty products sold on eBay or amazon are bought from Chinese distributors so not guaranteed cruelty free.

K beauty bought direct from Korea has to go through E.U & U.K testing to meet standards. The cosmetic compliance will give you K beauty of suppliers who have spent the thousands on this.

1 Like

It mixed brands that are ethical & not sold in China & never will. Urban Decay, revolution, e.l.f , Kat Von d, nyx , Technic, American beauty trying to get are Jeffrey Starr, jecca which is gender nutrueal also beauty bakerie.

1 Like

Is that the case? I’m sure I saw somewhere recently that testing is still a thing here. Or is there specific criteria as to what constitutes animal testing?

From what I understand testing on animals for cosmetics, toiletries, cleaning products etc is banned. They only animal testing that is allowed if for medical research.

1 Like

Ah I see, yes. That’s a blow - you had me thinking we’d gone the whole way. Thread for another day, perhaps…:smirk:

+1 for Bulldog

Testing on animals is bad. No reason to deny.

Industrial animal farming is even worse. These are no farms. I say, they are concentration camps for animals!

Time will come when we look back and say: What were we thinking??

1 Like

I’m vegan so completely get this but let’s watch out we don’t get people into a big debate!! :slight_smile:

Our day will come when people see we don’t need any animal products or testing :slight_smile:

Earthlings is the film to recommend everyone watches, good enough for belly then good enough for eyes and ears also.

Here’s a great recommendation for aftershaves and perfumes…

All cruelty free and they advise the most similar big brand each product Smells like…

1 Like

Hi, I can recommend Match Perfumes. Their fragrances are cruelty free and are excellent value for money.

In terms of cleaning products, Poundland (and other shops of the sort) sells a lot of Astonish brand cleaning products, these are all cheap, vegan and cruelty free. Astonish does all sorts of stuff (hob cleaners, carpet cleaners, bathroom, kitchen, mildew cleaners, toilet cleaners, etc etc)

1 Like

Most superdrug stuff is vegan and cruelty free and clearly labelled. Massive range and lots of variants from cheap to expensive.

And co-op for household stuff apart from fabric softener. M&S for that!

When it comes to being environmentally friendly and ‘cruelty free’ - I think there is too much hypocrisy. We’ve all got into the habit of buying the latest tech (often unnecessarily, myself included), when the products are still being made in sweat shops in China, with horrendous working conditions, low pay, and high levels of suicide. Then there’s the environmental impact of these products (whether tech, or fast fashion), with many often being thrown away faster than necessary having being shipped across the world.

Whilst it’s honourable to stop using products tested on animals, I think we are sometimes too selective about what counts as ‘cruelty free’ and good for the environment, whilst ignoring the impact our choices have on other humans.

I know this comment was from about 18 months ago but…

Palm Oil is a super tricky one to avoid - and for most things where it is used, it won’t be listed so clearly.

The main offender in cosmetics is “Sodium Lauryl Sulphate” (and also Laureth Sulphate) which are generally and most commonly derived from Palm Oil.

There’s a long list of ingredients derived from Palm Oil here and while you can get ‘sustainable palm oil’, and alternatives - as palm oil is so cheap it’s likely used in most shampoos, conditioners and body washes.

Old thread comment bumping over…