Credit scores?!

+1 vote for ClearScore - you can run through their “coaching” to get tips to improve the score.

I wouldn’t say Noddle are harsh with scores - every agent provider of your credit report gets it from a different t credit reference agency (CRA) each has different terms and out of different scores… so it’s worth reading into all of that.

To get my full picture from every CRA I use:

Experian CreditExpert - Experian Score (out of 999) [Score only - no report]
TotallyMoney/Noddle - CallCredit score (out of 710) and report
ClearScore - Equifax score (out of 700) and report

More products is a bad idea.

Beyond fixing any red flags on Credit Club / Clearscore (like mismatching addresses, withdrawing cash on the credit card etc), the fastest way to improve your ‘score’, I’ve found, is to cycle about 20% of your credit card limit every month, always paying off in full.

A good score will give you access to things like cashback / reward credit cards which are quite nice to have :grin:

Assuming you mean more credit, as opposed to more credit reports (what with credit reports being soft searches and not affecting your score)

1 Like

My mother-in-law received a very significant pension pay-out when her husband passed away and then recently sold her house and downsized, earning a healthy profit. Let’s just say she is now well set for the rest of her life.

Funny thing is she got turned down for a 123 account from Santander due to her credit score. She had paid off her mortgage some years ago, bought her car outright, never used her credit card.

The lady in Santander (local branch) realised the situation, that she had plenty of savings, and appealed the decision on her behalf but she was turned down a second time. It came down to that ‘unknown’ category. Seems counter-intuitive that Santander are not willing to accept a significant amount of money!

1 Like

‘Computer says no’

It’s a common scenario for firms that have gotten too large and as a result they’ve lost the ability to apply rational :roll_eyes:

2 Likes