Credit Card inside Monzo 👀

Don’t think it works like that for dd

I usually pay my Amex in full every month, but this means the total amount of the payment is pretty much unknown to me until I get the bill (or I go in the app), especially as I have some recurring items on there (eg. PSN subscription).

I am in the Monzo app many times during the day, so it just makes sense for it to be visible there, where I can also see the funds available to pay it off too (and take action if the two are wildly out of sync).

So the balance alone is ample for me at this time. Seeing the transactions would be nice, but not strictly needed.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can see that working well for you.

I check my Amex app pretty regularly, and pay it off most weeks.

With it being a joint account, it’s always such a joyous surprise to see how much has been added in such a short space of time… :joy:

1 Like

How does everyone you use Amex with Monzo? I.e tracking spend. Create an Amex pot? Pay Amex every time you use the card?

Probably unpopular on the Monzo forum (sorry!), but Monzo for me is the best app experience for the basic bank stuff (the stuff that legacy banks have been doing for years).

So all of the tracking spend/analytics, pots and other added extras that rely on you using your Monzo card to spend on, are redundant for me.

I just enjoy the app, the ability to see payments that are already in the system (salary, upcoming DD’s etc), and the general UI of the app.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Referral Wiki: Post/Find Here

Nice tweet from Kieran

9 Likes

I’ve tried to live in Monzo and use the spending tools but they’re just too basic/incomplete for me so I’ve just recently started spending on my amex again.

I have a pot that matches my amex balance so the money I spend on it isn’t available for me to also spend with Monzo :+1:

7 days since a sneak peak and it’s already into staff testing :raised_hands: amazing stuff!! :grin:

Wonder if @simonb got his Amex in time for this :eyes:

3 Likes

I did indeed!

4 Likes

Ooh, staff testing… If only we had a friendly member of staff and resident community superstar to tell spill the secrets tell us more!

8 Likes

Yeah I’m interested to hear how it works?

Exciting!

1 Like

I have my Amex but not the right Monzo staff build to connect it yet :joy:

I’ll let you know once I’ve had a play around with it.

4 Likes

Definitely check out the tickets and travel side of things, which is one of the perks of having Amex!
Looking forward to seeing the integration when it goes public. Will we see transactions in our feeds too?

Just sold a Friend on Monzo after they were previously reluctant to sign up :grin:

The Amex tweet was enough to convince them (after many previous attempts) :yum:

Screenshot_20190222-190916

Is this just going to be Amex initially?

(Apologies, haven’t read the full thread thoroughly).

1 Like

Looks like it.

But from what @nexusmaniac has pulled out, the connection to Amex looks fairly standard (it’s the type of thing that a Emma (the app)* and Yolt use. I suppose cost is a potential issue, but aside from that it would need a (hopefully small) amount of effort to configure for other providers.

*I i mean, @Rat_au_van could be using it too. But i haven’t asked her.

4 Likes

I’d like to confirm that I don’t :+1:

3 Likes

Would this work with a British Airways Amex card do we know?

By the sounds of it, if it’s got Amex in the name, it’ll be a yes :tada::smiley:

4 Likes