COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

This is true.

This is also very true, see also: ‘why did you post a spoiler on Instagram?’ No Karen, why are you on social media when you know the show’s been broadcast and you know people might post spoilers.

BUT

There will be a fair chunk of people who booked before the pandemic and because their flights and hotels were running and open they were in a use it or lose it position. I have a lot of sympathy for those people, especially when significant proportions of their wages are involved.

1 Like

I have a question.

Why is it always Karen in these scenarios? I’m sure Brenda does the same thing as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/eat-out-to-help-out/find-a-restaurant

2 Likes

More importantly- so does Colin…

1 Like
3 Likes

I feel bad for all the non-Karen Karens.

6 Likes

I booked return flights to Switzerland with BA back in April. They then and currently allow full flexibility with rebooking, including changing dates or destination - and this works with both flights and hotels, so I changed them to now.

This makes it much less of a gamble.

I’m currently visiting family in Switzerland, where the virus is much more under control and the situation almost back to normal - though masks are mandated in shops and restaurants, and on public transport. After four months of total isolation, I decided not to worry about social distancing with my family, but on my second day here, my niece suddenly developed a 39.5 degree fever. It turned out not to be Covid, but during the 24 hours of uncertainty, it was reassuring to know I could change my flight home without any fuss, if I needed to.

1 Like

I don’t think they exist, every Karen I’ve seen even have the Karen hair :rofl:

2 Likes

The irony of this appearing on my BBC news feed:

2 Likes

So my area goes into a lockdown ban at midnight tonight to stop separate households from meeting up inside, yet from what I can see is pubs, cafes, restaurants etc are still staying open.

Another half assed attempt at something yet again,

From my experience pubs and restaurants have done a good job at enforcing social distancing due to threats from health and safety, so leaving those open is not a bad idea in my opinion.

1 Like

Not around here they haven’t, no social distancing, no contract tracing

Trading standards/ health and safety need to get their act together then.

Not really going to happen I’m not that bothered, family party at weekend regardless of the “ban”

Maybe that’s one of the reasons numbers are going up? Everyone having family parties

1 Like

Will be plenty more an all this weekend for Eid, party time :man_dancing::dancer:

They’ve just clarified that households can’t mingle in pubs with other households.

I hope for you and your family’s sake that none of you catch it over this weekend during your party.

Thanks for your concern we won’t

Amazing! Pass your COVID forcefield this way

1 Like

£5.99 and a free fragrance thrown in, I’ll send tracked delivery