COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

What do people do in thier free time? I am not working at the min due to ill health from severe depression. I usually am here on the forum, or watching you tube clips just to get the time rolling and evenings I am usuall so bored I drink some vodka so I can sleep easily.
What do you all do in your free time

I always manage to get to the end of the day and wonder what I did to fill it.

I watch a fair bit of YouTube (mainly gamers), play games (PS4, Steam, even my iPad), read books, watch Netflix, watch digital movies I bought cheap (thank you, hotukdeals.com), even regular TV if bored. I’d do DIY tasks (many to do!) but I don’t want to do a B&Q trip.

At some points I consider I could be using my time productively by doing housework, but as Quentin Crisp is quoted as saying, “There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn’t get any worse.”

2 Likes

Do you get out? Even just for a walk or something?

I’m so sorry i meant to post this.

Well this is just embarrassing. I’m so sorry.

3 Likes

:thinking: My curiosity is piqued as to what the clip was meant to be, or why you didn’t just edit or delete it. :sweat_smile:

Anyway to answer the question learning how to get better at day and swing trading atm. I’ve always wanted to do it but never had the time to focus on it during the day

It’s excellent when you make a grand or so in a few days, and get to shout…

The dream would be to get enough to pay off the mortgage and earn a living off it. It’s pretty tough mentally when it goes against you though.

I’ve begun journaling recently, as a therapy for my mental health. I take chores day by day, rather than all at once at the weekend, and relax with a box set (currently Mad Men) or PS4 (Skyrim). On weekends I’ll maybe bake, design my home space, engage in serious garden warfare (it’s a big project!), walk for miles in the countryside around London, or meet friends in a park.

Can’t wait to get back to the theatre and opera, and the Arsenal, once things reopen.

Oh, and
giphy

3 Likes

Was the question for me.? If it was I sometimes go for walks usually late at night when no one is around as with my depression I have a lot of social anxity and I am on loads of anti d and valium

I have social anxiety, and am currently on anti-depressants. That’s how I got into walking at the weekends, last year I walked the London Loop, 250km around London in the Green Belt.

Exercise, mindful meditation, healthy eating, counselling and medication have all helped my recovery.

Keep well, friend.

2 Likes

It sucks living with extreme mental health problems. People don’t understand. Just because I look healthy from the outside they think everything is OK… They don’t know what going on in my brain

Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

You’re not alone and I promise there are those who do understand.

I’m working in mental health at the moment and there’s been a big spike in COVID-related mental health issues here.

Keep doing whatever cheers you up even slightly (as long as it’s legal!) as it’ll be doing you the world of good.

1 Like

I think the lack of social outlets and distractions is the hardest for me.

I’ve never been this messed up in my head before.

1 Like

I do the same, only I have trouble sleeping very long, so usually go for long walks at 6am. Over 1,040 kms since the start of lockdown

1 Like

Just got this same news article via notification from Apple News. I’m glad it’s finally happening. Been mandatory in Scotland since Friday, and from what I’ve seen on social media and heard from family, people are actually, finally, unanimously wearing masks. Until then, you’d be lucky if one or two shoppers had them, and even then they would be dangling round necks rather than covering noses and mouths.

But Gove was so adamant at the weekend that it wouldn’t be a requirement, fools the lot of them, boys club

I don’t see an end to this as things stand so I’d guess masks will be a long term thing.

I was listening today to at least one interview where the presumption was that masks in shops would help people feel secure and able to return to some semblance of normality. I don’t know about anyone else but my instant reaction is just to try an stay out of shops as much as possible for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes