COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

For folks who have already had their second dose, how long did you wait after your first dose before you received your second?

10 weeks

1 Like

Itā€™s ten weeks in Northern Ireland. In England my two appointments are exactly twelve weeks apart.

Bit strange, but there you goā€¦

3 Likes

12 weeks in-between mine too (England)

2 Likes

5 weeks today since I had my first dose. Unless anyone in Scotland reports back with their time frame, Iā€™ll report back with mine once I get my second appointment!

I have heard itā€™s similar to England though, and will be 12 weeks. Though my leaflet says Iā€™ll be contacted for my second appointment from 3 to 12 weeks following my first dose.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in Scotland and my 2nd was 8.5 weeks after my 1st. That definitely seems unusual though. The letter telling me I had an appointment arrived just 2 days before the actual appointment. For the 1st dose it was a call from my GP surgery rather than a letter.

1 Like

Both were booked at same time 11 weeks apart, then ended up getting rescheduled one day earlier :tada:

1 Like

OTOH when I went in I got the jab, walked out and drove home and there was no mention of any waitā€¦ given the location of the centre (a football stadium) most people would have driven there.

Iā€™m currently outside the UK where vaccinations are available to all without any wait list. I had my first jab last week and Iā€™ve just booked in the second one for the end of May. It doesnā€™t let you book one earlier than 3 week but advised before 8 weeks. So Iā€™ve got about 5 maybe 6 weeks between. 27 years old. Went well though, I was expecting to be unwell as a lot of people have had issues at home but it was fine, nothing adverse. Advised to wait 30 minutes afterwards and they had seating set up outside for people to lounge, plenty of healthcare staff about in case of any issues but not patrolling or enforcing the waiting time. Better safe than sorryā€¦

2 Likes

Just received my appointment for my second dose, which will be next Friday at the very peculiar time of 18:24.

So thatā€™s 8 weeks and 1 day after my first dose.
For my mum it was 8 weeks exactly, and my brother will be 8 weeks and 1 day too. So 8 weeks seems like the normal time between doses here. Not sure if that will match the rest of Scotland though.

Weā€™re also very much ahead of schedule though and vaccinations are open to everyone over 16 now.

Probably the case that people you know at home got AstraZeneca jabs, and you got a different one.

Yup, but Iā€™ve had an inactivated adenovirus one which works in essentially the same way as the OxfordAZ one. I go for my second dose at the end of May. Hopefully itā€™s just as effective against the variants.

1 Like

With the 8 week timings just declared in England I guess Iā€™m due a jab on Monday morning! Weā€™ll see when they get to me since I think they need to play catch up now the goal posts have moved.

1 Like

Iā€™m currently just building my bunker, ready for the 3rd wave šŸ¤¦

So much for this world leading quarantine system. Might as well enjoy the summer whilst we can, while hoping that by shear fluke, we somehow escape a bad outcome.

1 Like

This is only for over 50s and those classed as clinically extremely vulnerable under 50.

Iā€™m not sure you can describe having a portfolio of highly, highly effective vaccines a fluke.

2 Likes

This is true. I guess I was silently assuming people knew that but itā€™s worth stating.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I can and I just haveā€¦ Peace out

Very bizarre.

3 Likes

Are you eligible based on age and in England? You need to book online Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination - NHS

I had my second dose last Wednesday. They moved it forward 2 days because I had to have the second within 8 weeks.

I felt pretty great afterwards, until the second day when I felt a little under the weather. Was right as reign the day after, until yesterday when I developed flu-like symptoms, and my glands swelled up. So today Iā€™m resting.

Annoying because Iā€™d just started to head a new project with work yesterday after being on a break for about a month that I was very much looking forward to, so Iā€™ve had to take myself off it today.