COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

I do quite like my work if I’m honest and they are pretty good with meeting all the guidelines - I just selfishly want to work at home and save loads of money :laughing:

3 Likes

I think the trick is to demonstrate how this will also save the business loads of money and so also be good - if not better - for them as well as you :slight_smile:

Then again, I’m also aware that managers can move in mysterious ways, often flying in the face of all evidence. So realise that can be easier said than done.

Perhaps your only hope is the situation gets worse and Johnson has to upgrade his guidelines to employers to “Employees must work from home”, with strict conditions required in order to meet an “unless absolutely essential” cause.

1 Like

I’ll start brainstorming now :wink:

1 Like

The thing that seems to have been totally ignored with the university students is why was no one in the media talking about all those 1 million+ students returning to there homes just after march when lockdown came in, did some take the virus to the small villages? Almost certainly but this seems to have been ignored

A review of the covid test centre

:star::star: Room for improvement

The waiting list for this establishment was long and hard to get on to. This lead me to believe it was a top quality day trip destination.
There were no balloon animals, stilt walkers, fire juggling or even a DJ. I got over my disappointment and consoled myself that there was probably top quality drinks and nibbles. I was so wrong. Not even overpriced round chocolates stacked in a pyramid on a plate.
There was a large pool (due to the heavy shower before we got there).

Positives were very friendly and professional staff.

In conclusion I think Butlins might be a better option next year

5 Likes

Maybe after Easter?

1 Like

The COVID-19 app is now available and operational for everyone in England

Android link

Seems pretty slick, and looks like it addresses privacy concerns as it’s easy to delete all data.

Even has dark mode.

I’m waiting to see if anyone uses this as an excuse for Christmas Day :rofl:

NOT DOING CHRISTMAS DINNER THIS YEAR CANT DECIDE ON 6 TO BE THERE
SO IM HAVING A FUNERAL FOR THE TURKEY 30 GUESTS ALREADY INVITED

4 Likes

Someone is actually going to do this now. If only for the reason that you just suggested it here right now. I guarantee it. :rofl:

1 Like

So Tesco can already see the panic buying in their data :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Morrisons also did the same, its happening all over again :frowning: . Even things like home delivery slots are all taken up

Just been for my usual weekend shop, had to queue outside until the automated sensors decided it was time to open the doors and let a few people in, they’ve never been shut at this time of day for a long long time either.

Busier than normal but most stuff was still in stock just running low on some fresh veg and toilet rolls but nothing drastic. Staff were rushing like mad making sure new stock was coming out pretty quickly.

I didn’t even realise this was a thing. Until last Thursday at co-op when the doors closed in front of me and a light came on above with a voice telling me the store was full and asked me to wait for someone to leave.

Yh I think Aldi was the 1st to trail them to save having staff stood outside monitoring the store, Home Bargains have now decided to install the system over the next few weeks.

Staff can at least focus on something else more worthwhile inside at least

Limits in Waitrose on things like pasta, too.

2 Likes

Do the posh lot stockpile just like the peasants do :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Does it look like we’re heading for another nationwide lockdown ? I watch the news occasionally but not enough to know what’s the latest
I do know however that the rate of people infected is going up

If the numbers don’t start going the right way then we will see more and more tightening until the numbers start going the right way. So the quicker people follow the rules the more of a chance we stand at getting on top of it before more restrictions kick in.

3 Likes

National lockdown - probably not.
In April 6k cases out of 14k tests.
In September 6k cases out of 200k tests.

I think possibly more ‘Bolton’ style lockdowns at local levels are realistic with gyms, swimming pools and hair / beauty closing.

1 Like