COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

They’ll be optional, as far as I am aware. Hopefully it will work so that all you have to do is scan the QR code, and the system will know that this phone is at this location.

And also the ability to to check out. I am discouraged from going to premises because I don’t want to be contacted if someone with COVID turns up after I have left.

I’d never thought of that!

I wonder how they do it then? Do they do it based on how long you’re likely to be there based on the time you register? Or just tell everyone that went in yesterday that you might be at risk?

1 Like

This the question I want an answer to before I register my presence.

Cue the conspiracy theories

1 Like
1 Like

So this is a thing now (again)

I’m not surprised supermarkets didn’t learn from the previous lesson, they’re all greedy

Is it? Or is that just an empty supermarket just before restocking time?

2 Likes

They never get that empty day-to-day normally!

It’s ‘not happening’ around here, the photos could quite easily of being taken after a busy period, you can often find half empty shelves for a number of reasons, not enough staff in to keep up demand due to rota issues, other priorities taking the staff away from that aisle.

It could be from one of the area’s that have just been placed in tight restrictions and an area one off as people rush to get items so they can stay indoors.

The photos could be from way back when an all, just because it’s on the internet it doesn’t make it real.

Once more widespread news is reported then I’m not going to worry about a potential isolated one off.

Also if it was a run on the supermarket they have no control over this so can’t be blamed

Also I’ve just read through some comments and most people are saying supermarkets around them are fine

Bbc are saying in October there could be 50,000 new cases a day “ without action “

I really hope we don’t have another lockdown :rage:

I am skeptical, I was in a local Morrisons today and that was absolutely fine.

This one sounds about right to me.

I certainly wouldn’t be saying it’s a trend yet, not least because as we found last time, saying so can be the thing that makes it so :grimacing:

I’ve been to Asda today - no empty shelves but low stocks of pasta, rice & toilet rolls.
This was about 10am and all other shelves were full.
Did see a few people who clearly either have a very large family or were stocking the cupboards for a lockdown.

1 Like

I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of someone using months old photos to pass them off as present day issues to fear monger or to serve their own agenda. Wouldn’t be the first time someone has done that during this pandemic.

1 Like

I think I’ll survive any toilet roll shortages, I only just bought the 1st lot of loo rolls during this pandemic about 3 weeks ago :rofl:

If this is an actual new shortage starting, the timing is completely typical in terms of my who gives a crap subscription.

They were sold out a few days before my next box was due to renew, and now I’m just three weeks away from my next order!

At least it gives an excuse to start splurging on Andrex quilted again, which is far nicer to use. Though I go through 3 of those rolls in the span of a single who gives a crap roll. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Panic buying has now started around here, toilet rolls have nearly all gone, there’s no paracetamol or stuff like that, at the moment rest of shelves are fine at the moment.

It’s so weird lol

1 Like

I think this time it will be even worse.

You’ll get people who are morons and panic buy and then people who want to beat them to it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

If panic buying happens again, just show’s how uneducated and selfish the general public is. The scary thing is no one will know when the virus no longer exists!