COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Very sad to see

Of those who said they would not get one, 34% believe the government is trying to control the population by getting them to wear masks and 36% think “too much fuss” is being made of the pandemic.

100% of these groups are idiots. :man_facepalming:

17 Likes

and 50% of those are all talk and will get a vaccination anyway.

2 Likes

I tend not to worry about those who don’t want a vaccine, hopefully natural selection will deal with them and then it’s not an issue :rofl:

Unfortunately it’s not that simple - some people cannot have vaccines due to their age or pre-existing health conditions. These people are protected by the fact that most people they come into contact with are vaccinated.

7 Likes

Many vaccines rely on a high percentage of the population being vaccinated in order for them to work properly, and that would certainly be true of any coronavirus vaccine. So in that respect, it is worrying that not enough people may take it for it to be effective.

1 Like

The majority of people who have been furloughed have carried on working during lockdown, with men significantly more likely than women to flout the rules of the scheme and work for their employer when they are not allowed to do so.

Less surprising than it should be

Maybe worth remembering for the person/people on here who excoriated a Monzo staff member who had the temerity to - shock horror - answer a single question that they were explicitly asked as it was about something they had put in place before being furloughed

7 Likes

Hmmm
 Assuming more men are in paid employment, I hope they adjusted. I bet more women would have done if they could :cry:

I imagine the women were busy home schooling the kids

1 Like

I find that wierd. My employer even told me I wasn’t allowed to email someone on furlough to ask a question, I had to get by on what we had when it all went south.

It seems the enforcement was so poor that I could have simply treated them as still employed and there would have been no consequences.

I’ve heard from a few friends that they’ve been pressured to work whilst furloughed. They were all ‘encouraged’ in the same way: either you do the work on furlough, or you’re bought back to work but hours reduced down to single digits. For those with mortgages and families to feed, it’s a horrible position to be put in!

2 Likes

Liking that for the contribution to the conversation rather than any approval of the practice. That sounds a terrible position to be put in

It’s a horrific position. I know the government encouraged the reporting of businesses, but none of those employees were/are going to cut their nose to spite their face!

One of their employers admitted to being “better off” until their contribution is higher than the hours they’re working. They’re pretty worried they’ll just be let go.

Another’s has hired new staff, zero hour, min wage, because of the increase in customer orders. They’re worried the new staff will be kept over old staff.

The whole situation stinks.

It’s particularly bad in small businesses with just a handful of employees - no anonymity, if you report, as it’s easy to work out who’s blown the whistle

2 Likes

Unless they make a vaccination compulsory then there’s always going to be people who refuse to have one

My company was similar.

But you can imagine there’s places where “can you just
” for smaller places or somewhere that only has a few people that know how to do everything. Then it creeps. You go from doing one thing, to a few, then you’re working most of the time for 80% and your company aren’t paying a penny.

You don’t have to watch TV to keep on top of current affairs. Most (if not all) news channels have a website so you can visit those to read the headlines or research a specific subject.

Just make sure it’s reputable and it’s name isn’t Reddit :wink:

Yeah I checked the bbc news site and couldn’t see anything about the vaccine so asked on here :+1:t3:

Do you only have access to this website?

1 Like

We are only a day closer than we were yesterday.

But the good news is, we are a whole month closer than we were on this date in July. :partying_face:

3 Likes