Coventry BS 1.20% "Easy Access" Edit: Reducing

Agreed, hence the quote marks in the title.

Technically, yes, it is easy access as it is not difficult to access your money.

It’ll just cost you if you access it more than twice in 12 months :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Unless you have found a different product, the Paragon Bank 1 Year Fixed Term Saver is currently 1.30%, not 1.40%

Product now live

1 Like

Tempted to go to it from marcus, interest is only paid yearly just so people know.
Ok found out about the penalty for more than 2 withdrawals per year.
I’ll stick with marcus and NS&I

I had a Coventry BS account but it was no longer a good rate so I moved it to marcus and NS&i

Always best to ditch and switch if no longer viable for you. I do the same.

I won’t be opening this one. Happy with my current portfolio of saving accounts.

1 Like

0.01% from 24 Nov.

2 Likes

Just saw this … it’s a huge blow… Summarised nicely in this tweet (and the article posted above)…

1 Like

Clearing mine out then. Useless rates nearing in mind the minimum £500 per transaction too.

How long before banks and building societies follow that lead?

1 Like

Wow, not too many places left above 1%

1 Like

Only had £500 in, shall be withdrawing it today and using it to pay into my Cov Bs drip fed regular saver.

1 Like

So just Marcus soon?

RBS is doing 3% up to £1000 but only allowing you to save up to £50pm :confused:

1 Like

What’s the point?!!! :thinking::man_shrugging:

That’s a shocker. Thought there’d be some longevity in this one…:smirk:

1 Like

How long does it tend to take on a withdrawal from NS&I, next working day?

RBS trying to incentivise people to start a savings habit perhaps?

1 Like

I’ve found it can be several days. They don’t rush themselves. :smirk:

1 Like

It’s telling me it should be tomorrow, won’t be surprised if it isn’t now then. All in all sounds like I’m better off out of it.

Cov bs application page has completely crashed, tried to access it logged in and out of their online services

1 Like

I commenced the application process and am at the “you’ll be getting a form to sign through the post” stage.

That still happens, then…:confused:

1 Like

Sticking with Skipton. Don’t need two 1.2% accounts