Cost cutting

Excellent.

But, without being rude, part of the reason I no longer post anymore is because a comment intended to stir discussion and genuine interest, gets taken out of context and attacked by those looking to defend whatever it is that is being discussed.

Appreciate you “sticking up for your colleagues”, but perhaps you could have led with all of the good things you felt she’d done, without trying to belittle and pick apart my own comments and opinions.

Ta.

9 Likes

Fair enough.

My apologies. We’re all very on edge right now, and this news leaked surprisingly quickly.

7 Likes

I understand that this is likely a topic you’d rather not be on your forum (and I predict it will later be locked and removed) but to be fair, that’s what a lot of chatter in this place actually is. Speculation.

There’s a whole topic specifically speculating on the new Plus. At least one, possibly more.

In fact, as Monzo grows, and as this forums grows, there’s less relevant or interesting content and more speculation and more irrelevant topics about what’s the best coffee to drink, the best hairclippers to buy or whether anyone sterilises their cash. (Or some such similar chatter).

Like you, I long to return to the days of relevant and interesting FinTech content and engaging in interesting, polite conversation with the features of the Monzo app etc. I think those days are gone, alas.

4 Likes

Why is this a leak? Was Monzo trying to hide this… I thought they are all about transparency? Surely a transparent company isn’t concerned about leaks, due to their transparency

I really wish we, as a community, wouldn’t keep beating Monzo with this ‘transparency’ stick.
Their dedication with transparency is commendable, but can’t be done every time. Especially when it comes to people moving on in their career, it’s up to them to announce. A leak doesn’t mean Monzo aren’t transparent, it probably just means the news came about before they had a statement prepared.

14 Likes

And stop speculating about transparency, too. It’s unkind.

The woman’s been moving her desk nearer and nearer to the exit door for months by the sound of it, she was working one day a week at the end, and then still had to leave, i think they had more than enough time to get a statement together. , It sounds like as surprising news internally as it will be for the royal household when Prince Phillip dies “What? That incredibly old, frail unwell man has died? What shocking news…”

3 Likes
  1. Because it literally just happened yesterday.
  2. Because it’s up to an individual if they want to make that news public or not. You’ll note we don’t tend to make blog posts, social media posts, or any kind of comms ourselves about people leaving. Because it’s their choice if they want to do that themselves or not.
8 Likes

so did she leak it? #askingforafriend

“The woman’s been moving her desk nearer and nearer to the exit door for months by the sound of it, she was working one day a week at the end, and then still had to leave, i think they had more than enough time to get a statement together.”

lol - you should become a reporter, that’s a lot of speculation that transparently you know absolutely nothing about :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If the Daily Fail is recruiting I may just check in and see if they have some jobs… Does sound like you have the inside scoop though. Care to say what’s really going on (on or off the record, this wanna be reporter is good either way)

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea why this lady is leaving , nice for her to get the publicity of being available for employment , good luck to her :man_shrugging: thats my speculation on the matter

3 Likes

Still it can’t be a coincidence (well maybe it can) that she’s been reducing her hours more and more, then working with others at the same time the internet is rife with speculation that Monzo is running out of money and people should get their cash out whilst they can…

I’d say a full time CTO for a company like Monzo is vital. I can’t imagine other Fintech’s not having a CTO

1 Like

I agree, this is concerning I mean as said already she came in with such fanfare and now it’s leaked she’s left.

Was this really ‘cost cutting’ or is there something more going on here?

1 Like

lol …try typing in " CTO leaves " into google search and see how many CTO leaves company x results you get

a couple to get you going

2 Likes

I see a bunch of old news when I search Google… What’s your point?

This too

the point is CTOs leave companies , they are presumably ( mere speculation obviously )replaced by other CTOs

1 Like

So do CEO’s

they do … :man_shrugging:

just some more mere speculation :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: