verb conflate
combine (two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, etc.) into one.

Where has this word come from? It’s become so ubiquitous and overused recently and seems to have come from nowhere.

Have I stumbled onto the set of QI?


1 Like

I didn’t mean literally - but thanks. Very interesting.

Curious to know it’s literally that old. I’d never heard it until it built over the last couple of years.

1 Like

I just like the fact conflated is a conflated word

Edit: apparently it was because of an NBC news anchor saying it

1 Like

Also something in Oct '17…

1 Like

I thought it was pretty oft used, but maybe our pesky friends in Wales are responsible for this upsurge in usage? :eyes:

(from the link above)

I have no idea what a vacuum flange is, but this has made me Google it, so Google will probably associate it with all future searches for other people. :woman_shrugging:t2:


That’s pretty interesting. Are those the number of times the word has been searched for? Big uplift recently.

That’s from the help bubble :slight_smile:, makes a bit more sense than there only being 100 searches…