Competitor update

Originally I was doubtful about their switch to a monthly fee and thought it may dampen their then rapid growth. A few months later and over 75% of Monese customers are using it as their primary account with receipt of regular salary deposits and they look like they will start turning a profit from the end of the third quarter this year!

2 Likes

I have to admit, I really like the design of the Monese card (if the image on the site is representative) it’s Starling-esque but with more character.

1 Like

The move to Ireland is a good one. While a move to other countries would require training a totally new customer service team in another language, with Ireland they can utilise the existing resources and expand with new staff as demand comes thru

1 Like

Or Starling’s is Monese-esque as they had their purple card first :joy:

2 Likes

Unable to sell the Co-op bank they are now going for recapitalisation thru existing investors

2 Likes

Fidor UK are now issuing a virtual ‘Digital’ MasterCard Debit card to customers to cover them until they receive their physical plastic card

Be interesting to know where Fidor is going with its UK enterprise. Despite early promise, it seems to be little more than a savings vehicle.

1 Like

Have you seen the new time travel feature on Curve? You can retrospectively change the card a transaction was charged to.

I haven’t tried it yet myself.

2 Likes

That’s not a curve feature. I’m sure they promised it at the start but haven’t implemented it…

1 Like

Actually it was launched a few days ago. You should probably check your facts :confused:

Just tried it in my Android app and it is not there…maybe it is iOS only

Really necessary Anthony?

3 Likes

More like nobody wants to buy.

2 Likes

Can you link that please? Curves last blog was early may.

1 Like

Not on iOS either as far as I can see. No mention of it on the blog or help docs.

1 Like

@Mikee at least this isn’t a case of iOS being ahead of android. :joy:

1 Like
3 Likes

Stumbled across this from a month ago, http://www.wired.co.uk/article/curve-time-travel. If nobody can see it in the apps now there’s obviously been some miscommunication somewhere.

2 Likes

Yeah, it seems as though the feature is planned however is yet to be rolled out.

1 Like

Thats put that to bed.

7 Likes