Competitor update

Wonder whether people saw this - a new money manager launched yesterday:

Looked quite good though when i tried to link my account the authentication failed (annoying screen scraping authentication aggregator).

2 Likes

I have had it for about a month or so prior to the public launch. It seems quite good but not compared it against the Tandem equivalent which still in beta. Personally I only trying it out for curiosity, in principle I do not like aggregators unless bank approves them.

1 Like

How do these aggregators deal with transfers of funds between banks? I have a number of bank accounts between which I transfer funds for spending, bills, saving, holidays etc. I tried to use Money Dashboard but it wasnā€™t intelligent enough to realise that when funds were paid into an account they were coming from myself (at another bank) and it simply added money paid in. The cumulative effect was that this aggregator said I had a lot more money coming in than I actually did.

Does Yolt, and Tandem deal with this effectively?

I only look at my transactions and balances so never noticed if it shows total sum paid in or out. I just use it to access all my accounts without signing into different apps or sites, rather than amalgamate or combine accounts for me in is an ease of access thing

1 Like

Thanks ! My update came through

1 Like

So I know Wonderbill was brought up around April, anyway I said I was going to delete it but well there seems to be no way of doing so anyway thought I would take a look and well guess whatā€¦

Yup some two months later still the same!!

This has to be one of the most pathetic attempts at what ever it is they do I have ever seen since what ever it is they do came about. :smile:

2 Likes

I was on the yolt and tandem betas, neither are particularly inspiring. Yolt is slicker but tandem claim they only store your credentials on your phone which I prefer.

Neither has a particularly large range of companies they deal with and a couple of my credit cards are missing which limits the utility for me.

I used them to amalgamate spending data from credit cards, I never put any real bank data in as I donā€™t want to risk the T&C problems should anything go awry.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t missed seeing these messages from my legacy bank but it looks like Tandem havenā€™t ā€˜solvedā€™ this yet :pensive:

2 Likes

Yep, tandem is hopping on the wrong bandwagon.
Maintenance should be seamless and these downtimes however balmy the hour theyā€™re performed at is affects everyone at least once.

Unless they add lastpass integration or fix the TouchID support Iā€™m jumping ship for the time being!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Monzo rival: Loot

I have a Fidor account. Itā€™s not bad but itā€™s not my primary account so Iā€™m happy enough with it.

What I really like it for is the currently low cost SEPA transfer costs. Itā€™s currently Ā£2.49 and I use mine to transfer to my KBC Ireland Current Accounts.

None of my legacy banks can match that fee.

1 Like

My high street bank Handelsbanken charge me 20p for a SEPA payment rather than Ā£2,49

Lucky you! :+1::slight_smile:ļø

Sadly no UK banks can match Ā£2.49 (well none of the ones I bank with). Most of mine charge from around Ā£8.00 upwards, so you can see why Iā€™m happy with Ā£2.49!

1 Like

I used to be charged Ā£20 or Ā£25 by RBS so was really happy when Monese and Fidor came along.

2 Likes

Fire have both GBP and EUR accounts and could be good for transfering money to Ireland as the GBP account has UK sort code and the EUR account has an Irish IBAN

1 Like

Interesting. I had a brief look at Fire Business for my business but thought the fees were too high. I looked at the personal one too but canā€™t remember why I didnā€™t sign up. Might take another lookā€¦

Thanks for the heads up @anon44204028 :+1:

I donā€™t like all their little 20p charges. I prefer paying Monese a 4,95Ā£ monthly fee

Atom Bank have postponed the launch of their current accounts due to concerns about changing regulations -

Mark Mullen, chief executive, said that the threat of new regulation meant the current account launch would be ā€œcertainly not in 2017, and maybe not even in 2018ā€.

In addition, Mr Mullen described the CMAā€™s timetable to implement a digital standard called ā€œopen bankingā€, designed to make it easier for customers to switch current accounts, as ā€œvery very ambitiousā€.

The article also mentioned the FCAā€™s review of current accounts which will not be completed until next year.

4 Likes

Need to subscribe to read that. Can you give us a breakdown? What regulations? Can it affect the launch of Monzo current accounts?

3 Likes

Usually with the FT if you search the keywords in google then click through from the search results you bypass the paywallā€¦

Here you go - if you have been to the FT in your current browser you will need to clear the FT cookies for this link to work, or use a different browser

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjO_ZzJ76jUAhXlLsAKHXGeCdwQFggrMAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcontent%2Fa7efa072-48fb-11e7-919a-1e14ce4af89b&usg=AFQjCNG3UQDSJwcRh2Y_4HjoJEqapNyBkg

4 Likes