Competitor update

Civilised Bank have now obtained their banking license and plan to launch accounts early 2018

1 Like

Yeah interesting points here

I like the way Civilised say branches arenā€™t required in this day and age, however they will be partnering with an incumbent to offer branch services :anguished: What Ā£25m turnover company is gonna switch to that? Be interesting to find out in 2018 if they reach market.

agency services thru another bankā€™s branches to deposit cash and cheques? and to get statements stamped and countersigned for mortgage applications?

Starling named best travel credit card. No mention of Monzo?

Best buy debit cards. Monzo doesnā€™t do debits cards yet.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thatā€™s odd, as I also have a poor history, but was accepted (by starling)and offered a small overdraft

2 Likes

Just received a Tandem testflight invite pretty soon after the initial email saying theyā€™d be sending them out :slight_smile:
Going to check it out now.

Seems to be an account aggregator application for the moā€¦ nothing special - this testflight version seems to be half-baked with features like touchid not working.

Current accounts & savings values are correct - credit cards however are wishy washy and my nationwide select doesnā€™t display a balance at all.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This seems pretty desperate to me, who wants to be another aggregator?

1 Like

anyone with a RBS account trying to use tandem?
mines doesnā€™t seem to work, not sure if thats due to it being future williams and glynn

Just had an email from Yolt been using there closed beta its now open bata and available from App store in case anybodys interested

2 Likes

Tandem - theyā€™ve advised me that a number of bank api integrations donā€™t work. However I was assuming this new version would be better. Iā€™ve checked my test flight and the release date is still April. Is yours newer?

1 Like

Carrying on the trend of seemingly everyone big providing core banking services, Zopaā€™s just raised Ā£32m to launch their own bank -

Iā€™ve only heard of one on this listā€¦

1 Like

Surprised youā€™ve not heard of Ethereumā€¦ I feel like crypto-currencies are the only thing anyoneā€™s talked about for the last 3 months!

1 Like

This article, uhh. Monzo details are factually incorrect. Full license in Aug 2016? And what cryptocurrencies? Start capital - one would argue that Ā£100 initial top-up is oneā€¦

1 Like

25th may is the release date on my tf - Iā€™m updating mine now.

1 Like