Collected thoughts on card design

I didn’t say Monzo Plus initially, because I hadn’t thought of it (not being a Monzo Plus user myself) but I do really like the card. I haven’t seen it in person, which is my only slight reservation in declaring it as one of my favourite cards, but I imagine it looks even better in person than in images.

Monzo Premium is the reverse for me, it probably looks stunning in person but seems quite bland in images. I think I preferred the dark concept design that Monzo showed off at one stage, which would have made a batter premium card, but it does also seem cool just because it’s metal anyway so you can’t really go wrong.

Yes remember pics of the darker premium card going around, looks very Revolut space grey but, at least white card is something different (well as apple ain’t in uk).

1 Like

Yes, I was surprised how much nicer it looked in reality

3 Likes

How does the nationwide one look like

My favourite will surprise no-one it has to be Curve Investor Metal. Understated but brilliant.

It reminds me of the old First Direct card that I had as both are simple designs that exudes charm and are both simple classic designs that stand the test of time. Little black dress? Nah even smaller black card…:grin:

2 Likes

This is the Google Pay image of it, however, the “Building Society, Nationwide” text definitely looks better in person

4 Likes

I like it but i am passionate about non embossed debit cards and feel like nationwide missed a trick with that in my opinion. If it had printed card numbers (front or back) it would of been cleaner.

2 Likes

Ah are they still the original style?

My Zopa credit card should be here any day now, not seen one posted in here, anyone have it?

Probably kept the same to avoid negative feedback. Can imagine being a building society there’s quite some older generation who won’t enjoy change.

1 Like

It looks very busy!

Post above deleted.

1 Like

I’d suggest removing this. I can make changes in Pixelmator and see the full card number.

1 Like

I thought the complete opposite to be honest. A very clean front with the “Building Society, Nationwide” not standing out too much.

1 Like

There was a post after yours that showed another card but it was pointed out that you could still see the numbers underneath so it’s been deleted. That was the one I referring to.

2 Likes

Repost from aboves deleted post

4 Likes

Looking online at various social media sites, it still seems people really arent a fan of the new Natwest and RBS cards. Obviously, people are unlikely to praise something as trivial as a bank card, but still a lot more complaints than i saw with other banks’ new cards.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted on this thread before but I received my Starling Bank Business account card today. Looks absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:

It has a really nice glimmer to it.

13 Likes

I still really dislike that new font for Starling Bank and the “business” being vertical like that. I do like the colour though.

2 Likes

It works quote well for me as the business looks nice when sliding it out my card holder

4 Likes

The logo about 18 sizes bigger than it should be really ruins it.

6 Likes