Collected thoughts on card design

Might have to do an update to my card collection pic soon. There have been a few additions :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes please! :innocent:

1 Like

Just waiting on two more (including the updated Virgin Money) then I’ll get on it.

1 Like

Oh wow. The rest of the designs for Santander are absolutely gorgeous. They must cost a lot too, with the spot varnishing.

6 Likes

I want them all

2 Likes

So do I! Santander has gone from cheap–looking to premium. The rebrand is working wonders.

3 Likes

Those :heart:

5 Likes

That Blue! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I know. I love the grey.

Maybe I need a Santander again :joy:

4 Likes

Those do look lovely. Thanks for posting.

Just need Monzo to up their game on the cards now. I wouldn’t go back to a legacy bank just for the cards, but it’s a shame the Monzo experience is so slick but the cards are pretty* awful. (* and not even pretty - hot coral is OK as a colour but looking dated now with the embossing).

Edit - @Carlo1460 not having a pop at you as a Monzo employee there - simply making the point that I think the current set of cards really lets Monzo down as a whole.

1 Like

Pink all the way :disco:

I can’t say coral is my favourite to be fair. White is nice, aside pink, probably the nicest.

2 Likes

Really didn’t like the neon cards at all. By white I assume you’re referring to metal - unfortunately that’s not an option for me as the travel cover is basically useless to me (long term medical condition not covered) and I’ve never been one to waste money on mobile phone insurance. I have Plus but am underwhelmed with the card.

Business card isn’t bad, reasonable quality and non-embossed details on the rear, but spoiled by the embossed business name on the front.

Then again I’m late 50s so probably not the typical Monzo demographic. I use it for the in-app features, the cards are a secondary consideration.

1 Like

To be fair, I rarely ever use the physical card for any bank, but they have a nice time stacked on my desk watching me work :joy:

2 Likes

I use Google Wallet more now but never leave home without my wallet. Current and business account cards, Mastercard or Visa credit, Amex charge card, driving licence and at least £20 in cash. But again… I’m 57 not 27 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What’s a £20? :eyes::joy:

5 Likes

It’s a special token that can be exchanged for a beer when you see that strange sign “cash only” :joy: :beer:

3 Likes

I’m sold. Ima ask the fella for a twenny.

:joy:

1 Like

The way prices are going though, you may need a few if you want more than 1 beer :astonished: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I’m sure I’m still worth a few bob :joy:

1 Like

Finally got my card, still waiting on an “activation code” to set up online banking though!
IMG_4484

9 Likes