Collected thoughts on card design

The branch has closed but the brand remains. The sort code is also still live apparently

5 Likes

It is, I got an account with them two weeks ago.

4 Likes

@anotherbrummie i’ve sent you a message.

@SiennaLee i can’t seem to be able to message you. If you message me and I’m allowed to reply I will :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’d also be interested if you’re willing to share the knowledge!

3 Likes

Me too please! :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone have a picture of the new Nationwide card designs on Apple Pay? Curious as to how the design translates from real life to the Wallet

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s probably one of the most true-to-life cards I’ve seen on Apple Pay. It even has the dots on it that help people who are hard of seeing differentiate.

3 Likes

Sorry to hijack the thread (do we have an RBS thread?)

Would appreciate a message on this too! Please and thank you

1 Like

Can’t you just post the details to save everyone posting to say they want a DM?

2 Likes

Or can’t people just DM @N26throwaway instead of asking them to do it the other way around?

It always rubs me the wrong way. Like when at work someone asks me to find some time in their calendar for a meeting. No. You can see my calendar too, and what makes you think your time is more valuable than mine? If you want to meet, do the searching yourself!

11 Likes

When I found it and shared it publicly on fintech forum, it caused an influx which seemed to start raising eye brows at RBS, especially once MSE caught wind and it spread there too. This is a larger forum than fintech forum, so wouldn’t want to risk a potentially larger repeat.

Last time some folks got grilled by RBS and had the account taken off them even after passing the credit check and it being opened.

I’m sure it was fine, and those experiences were just coincidental, but as a precaution I deleted my post at the advice of other members who know better than me.

13 Likes

This time you’ll just cause the early demise of the sort code? :laughing:

If there ever were any plans to make it unavailable to new customers and move those to Coutts/Drummonds instead, then the influx of new customers you direct to RBS might just cause the plans to be put into action

5 Likes

Eurhh this is so frustrating.

3 Likes

My reply always used to be along the lines of “Sorry, I thought you had access to my calendar. I’ve double-checked to make sure it’s available - hope this helps” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aaa why is there a Chip there even :sob:

2 Likes

What’re your thoughts on the Coutts debit card?

I’m not a big fan of their charge card personally (not that I’d ever be able to own one) but the debit looks much more modern…

*The card design by artist Laura Moriarty is taken from a beeswax sculpture and uses wax from the hives at 440 Strand. Each layer represents one of Angela’s many humanitarian endeavours. Angela Burdett-Coutts was the granddaughter of Thomas Coutts and the inspiration behind the card. She was one of the 19th century’s greatest philanthropists. A trailblazer. A rule breaker. A history-maker.

5 Likes

It’s horrible! Come back the beach hut, all is forgiven.

5 Likes

Child & Co MasterCard Apple Pay

7 Likes

I rather like that debit card. What does the charge card look like?

Edit: Don’t worry, I googled it. Agreed, much more boring that the debit card. Shame I’m probably never going to get one.

3 Likes