Collected thoughts on card design

Is the Coutts card Visa or Mastercard?

I have no idea, someone just posted the design under a discussion about the new NatWest cards

1 Like

It used to be Visa, but then so were the other NatWest Group cards!

Both Child’s & Co and Drummonds are still issuing Visa.

I asked my banker and he said there were no plans currently to change them (well at least Drummonds)

3 Likes

Wait, you have a personal banker too? Then we know how you got Drummonds! :laughing:

2 Likes

Visa Plat at the moment

2 Likes

well he called himself that when he called me to enquire how I was finding the new account :face_with_peeking_eye:

Can’t find anywhere in the app to order a new card? Seems a bit of an oversight…?

Apologies a) if it’s been posted already and b) that I’m not sure which way up it goes

1 Like

I like that Virgin has done something a bit different with the orientation of this portrait design.

3 Likes

I do like there card a lot and it seems quite unique despite it just being red and their logo. The only thing I dont really like is that the debit and contactless symbol placement seems quite random.

2 Likes

So that’s why you have the elusive Drummonds card people can’t get! They clearly see you HNW enough to assign you a fancy card and a personal banker

3 Likes

I’ve heard the requirements aren’t terribly high for this, but it’s a bit hit and miss. The criteria is closer to that of a Barclays Premier account as opposed to their wealth account, but don’t have an exact figure.

There are folks who have applied, and have a higher net worth than some who have been assigned a personal banker, and they didn’t get one. Likely some internal scoring system as opposed to actual net worth. No idea what, and not nearly enough data is available to make any sort of educated guess. It’ll be discriminatory no doubt, which can work to the benefit of some.

Still more than I can ever dream of earning, so if that’s the requirement I won’t be getting a Drummonds card, ever :sweat_smile:

How does one open a Drummonds account? I fancy a challenge. My Child & Co account once opened had some courteous calls from branch staff about how I was going to manage the account.

Same way as a child&Co account, just with the Drummond’s sort code instead.

1 Like

But if it’s just a sort code, then isn’t it just standard RBS application system? Nothing special in terms of application?

Yep. Exactly the same as applying for RBS or child and co. If you’re flagged by the internal criteria, you’ll still get the special treatment and a debit card to match.

Otherwise, it’s a trip to the Drummond branch.

1 Like

Anyone been to Nationwide Holborn branch the place is Top class it reminded me of Financial institutions in America they had money deposit machine and everything else looked nice

Does anyone happen to know what the different colours of Virgin Money credit cards corresponds to? Which product is which colour? :eyes:

1 Like