Coffee ☕

Mine are put into one of these, which is then stored in the cupboard. There such a variety of advice (fridge, freezer etc) on storage but I just go for dark and cool(ish).

1 Like

Can’t live without coffee :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Best first post ever. You’re going to fit in here well :laughing: Welcome :wave:

2 Likes

I don’t own a gooseneck kettle at the moment, largely because I most often brew french press or aeropress, so the precision of pouring isn’t important and I can get away with using my Sage Smart Kettle. Bonus is it lets me set the water temperature at 85/90/95/100 degrees. I believe it’s only Sage-branded in the UK and the rest of the world it’s Breville.

I’m not familiar with the Melitta, so couldn’t say to that. Might be some differences in the quality of draining somehow? James Hoffman seems to think the Clever Dripper can be used to make a decent enough cup of coffee, at least; he did a video on it a few months back.

Oops, did realise I’d done that :sweat_smile: Tangfastics are my crack. I’ll leave the typo as-is rather than going back to edit.

2 Likes

I use a couple of small AirScape canisters. Lets me keep a couple of roasts on the go and any other bags sealed.

My understanding is that fridge or freezer is not a good idea as it dries the beans out. Room temperature is fine.

5 Likes

Have you tried these?

Throwing this out there as another source

https://forgecoffeeroasters.co.uk/

No, did expect fresh beans on Amazon actually, will try those on my next Amazon order!

Forgot about these but made a few orders a couple of years back. Invicta is really nice! I might try their decafe too.

1 Like

Ooh, add this to the shopping list…

I keep being tempted by a gooseneck kettle - but I don’t think I can justify either having 2 (I feel it’s impractical for non-coffee pouring things?), and more importantly I think it would be one kitchen gadget too many for my house…

I reckon I can control a pour well enough anyway with a normal kettle. Though I am tempted by the gooseneck jugs you can get, but I think you just lose too much heat going through multiple things.

Not entirely sure what the Monzo Community rules on self-promotion are, but here goes…

I recently founded Brink Coffee, so if you’re looking to discover some new beans (or we can grind them!) head on over and take a look. :fire:

3 Likes

Always on the lookout for new coffee to try especially since I’m new to the game. Seeing a brand that pairs their coffee with music is a first for me :grin:

I had a look and I couldn’t see your shipping costs or if there was a spend £x get free shipping promotion either. Have you got a link please?

1 Like

A little idea I had a few months ago. Finally sat down and built it recently! Thanks for the feedback.

Shipping is £2.50 for 48 Hour tracked, and £3.50 for 24 Hour tracked. Free 24 Hour delivery over £25, and you can use GETBRINK for 15% off any coffee!

1 Like

Cool thank you and good luck with the new venture :+1:

I’ve bookmarked your website for when I’ve got through my latest Rave Coffee batch.

1 Like

Appreciate the kind words! Fantastic - enjoy the Rave!

1 Like

Like the idea of taster packs but as a singleton do wish they came in smaller pack size.

Currently using Pact Coffee and their 250g packs last me 4-5 weeks. Guess it must be an industry standard size?

Would like 100g packs (and a cheaper cost :wink:).

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look! It is indeed a standard size. I’d love to run some smaller sample packs in the future, but can’t do at the moment unfortunately!

1 Like

Any coffee recommendations for aero press, currently using pact house blend, really like it but price a bit steep. Any cheaper brands out there? (Looking forward to 1st dec, have a pact advent calendar to get through)

I’ve just ordered some Rave Christmas blend

My all time favorite that they do is the Fudge one :yum:

2 Likes

Fudge sounds good