Chip discussion

On their Crowdcube page on they claim to have integrated Monzo…

Chip connects to 18 banks, now including challenger banks Monzo, Starling & Revolut

I assume this is only true for internal testing purposes. If so, seems a bit disingenuous to state in this manner.

Crowdcube page also says Chip has been at number 2 in App Store charts. When was it so popular for this to happen?

3 Likes

I’m not sure how you can even view the ‘UK’ finance charts, but it’s below all the high street banks in the AppStore Finance charts, currently 76 and was 120+ at the start of the their Crowdcube campaign… I presume it was at its most popular during the last CC campaign :thinking:

I beginning not to trust them

I reread the caption on the photo and they definitely don’t lie but the wording is a little crafty, which caught me out on first read!

1 Like

This all just screams “don’t invest” to me…

1 Like

On the verge… seems like they have a lot of customer goodwill:

I have been a chip user for over a year now and it is excellent. It is saving in the background and offers extremely attractive interest rates…if you can find codes online or invite friends. I was sitting on 10% having taken advantage of investor perks (minimum buy in​:wink:) and inviting my three (only) mates :sunglasses:!

Simon (the Tom of chip) has said that Monzo and Starling have both agreed to link and that this this should be updated in the new year.

Recent updates to the functionality and interface are promising but more is to come in the next month or so. With new features from P2P lending between users to a simple round up feature, there is a lot more on the horizon.

This is fintech after all. Timelines always shift. Let’s just wait out!

1 Like

I see a lot of potential in Chip. It’s a shame I can’t have an account.

I did invest though, so at the very least I get my socks.

1 Like

How?

1 Like

I know that you will be able to integrate Monzo as the Chip source account in the new year

The AI that Chip uses is really great and is proving to be really popular so why can’t monzo either develop this AI them selves and offer this or merge with Chip as they I think are looking to become a bank them selves and given the popularity they have, this AI i think will become a very big usp

1 Like

they got featured on the app store today page awhile ago, I think probably got them to number 2.

I also reached out to support about Monzo and Starling and they said new year even though their crowdcube says they have it already.

1 Like

It gets put back every month, when I asked a few weeks back it was December, I’ve given up.

Don’t give up hope!

1 Like

Me too. The annoying thing is they say “ready by …” and when that date comes I ask again and they repeat “ready by…” but with a new date.

1 Like

The app has had issues with withdrawals recently which caused me some frustration.
I’m very bored of the same gifs they use and the fact there looks to have been very little improvement in the app since I joined — almost 2yrs at this point.

I see the potential, but I also look forward to seeing improvements and growth.

1 Like

Hopefully with the latest funding round we’ll get to see some changes here.

Incidentally, I’m still not allowed an account with chip despite being a Crowdfunding shareholder.

Why not allowed?

They don’t recognise my address, House has only stood for 120 years.

1 Like

Too old to recognise perhaps! :thinking::laughing:

In all seriousness though, have you spoken to the support team on Facebook or within the app? They are generally very good at assisting, with quick turnaround times.