Chip discussion

Ah, ok. But you’re still relying on them to calculate correctly when they check. I wish they provided a way to easily see daily/weekly balance or transaction history for the lifetime of the account so that I could calculate it myself.

1 Like

Just ask in chat. They will do the calculations live for your. Crazy system

How did you get the Beta?
I’ve signed up for the Chipmonks (though not sure what it really does yet).

I like where they’re going and I’m interested to continue following the journey and using the product.

1 Like

I sent a message saying I have not been paid interest payments and their reply was ‘what payments are you expecting.’ :man_facepalming:t4:

100% agree

I haven’t been able to save for about 10 days… they don’t seem to want to tell me why though, just that a developer is working on it…

Chip are gearing up for a Crowdcube raise:

Yes - I met them at the Crowdcube party the other night. Seemed very impressive until I tried to sign up and it only found twenty of the hundred houses on my street… They offered to do the sign-up for me, but I wonder how many people just give up at that point…

Interested in getting chip, but still quite hesitant.

How does it work for you from your personal experience?

Nathan,

It’s still early days for Chip, and their execution is far from perfect, but they have proven thus far to be trustworthy, and as a concept to enable savings for those that otherwise struggle to do so, it is excellent. If you choose to dive in, feel free to use my sign up code to get us both an extra 1% interest on our savings: MT90V9

At the moment Chip does what it says in the label, saving you money without realising it.
I think the new version will greatly improve the experience, from better and shared goals to great interests in borrowing and lending with ChipX. As said above it’ still early days for them but they have numbers and a really promising product. :slight_smile:

The big news being… a funding round! :zzz:

See: https://www.crowdcube.com/investment/chip-24894

Just £300 secures you the socks! ( And the shares…).

Anyone backing?

It’s another company that’s been about to launch product for sooooo long. I for one lost interest a while ago.

The Mailchip emails are full of hot air - a lot of it. Reams of it

3 Likes

They’ve been promising version 2 for months now.

1 Like

Just £300 secures you the socks! ( And the shares…).

Are they trying to pull off a Starling? :joy:

I found chip really useful with my personal spends in one bank account that got topped up monthly, meant when I had lots, I saved lots, when it dwindled, the saving amounts dwindled

Now I use ifttt to give myself a weekly allowance from a ‘pocket money’ pot into my available balance every Friday so chip doesn’t really fit in with what I’ve been able to set up through monzo/ifttt

I asked about Monzo integration in April, they said it will be ready by June. No sign yet :man_shrugging:

The latest I was told was end of this year

1 Like