Chip discussion

Yeah. No fix yet - it’s been a month.

Hooray I am in! Interface is quite nice and the sign up is fairly pleasant once I got over the teething issue.

Should anyone wish for a little 1% interest kickstart you can use my code on sign up : 720HC0

:grin:

Welcome! There are some great new features coming. Happy saving!

Just thought I’d give Chip a go but since I’ve gone full Monzo I’ll have to wait :frowning:

I’ve been waiting 10 months for chip to pull its finger out and every day is a day closer to competitors launching.

Plum sounds interesting too but sadly they only use Facebook messenger so screw that!

The wait continues. Especially since I missed the croudfunding too. :cry:

Tried going down this rabbit hole? https://getchip.uk/investors

Hopefully Chip 2.0 will address these issues and missing integrations. I really am intrigued!

@grant.macgregor yep not great. I think they’ve pretty much abandoned the current app to focus on Chip 2.0 but the interest calculation should be a basic feature that should always be right.

1 Like

How do you even get a response from them?

I sent an email 6 days ago which hasn’t been replied to. Not the first time they’ve apparently ignored an email from me.

Is Chip 2.0 out yet? They’ve been banging on about that for months and months!

No. I assume that’s what this latest crowdfunding round was all about.

1 Like

Is Chip now able to work with Monzo?

No. Will do with Chip 2.0 which is coming soon ™…

Don’t sign up without an invite - we’ll both get bonus interest if you sign up with referral.

1 Like

That’s not confidence inspiring…

1 Like

I never got anywhere near the 5% rate, stuck at 1%. Not overly keen on your rate being linked to referrals

1 Like

So as it has no Monzo integration and a new app on route would it just be better to close my account wait for Chip 2.0 and get a referal code from someone here :wink:

Not going with Plum due to facebook links also

:scream: might have to rejoin chip, in that case

If you use CLEVER3 you get 3% for a year. A tasty little treat for Christmas :candy: Welcome!

It is a good app and I truly believe it will evolve into something great. The next few weeks will be make or break for Simon and his awesome team at Chip :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I signed up again to see what they do with v2.0. If anyone wants to use my code, it’s MS846M :+1:

Just had a look at this - Last iOS update was 6 months ago…

That seems a long time for any app (pre new iPhones etc).

Is development generally quite slow?

I’m on the 2.0 beta and that hasn’t been updated since October. Even the current beta doesn’t have Monzo so it isn’t coming any time soon by the looks of it.

2 Likes