Chip discussion

Challenger bank integration has arrived!

Onwards and upwards chip :robot:

1 Like

The savings rate is shown under account/bonus, but I agree it would be helpful if any changes were reflected in a more comprehensive audit trail.

Of course bonus rates are - primarily - only going to last for another 12 (ish) months, giving way to more complex and more beneficial ways of securing interest - ChipX, and hopefully there will be more comprehensive ways of tracking that. How that all works out will be fundamental to the long term viability of Chip.

I wonder if new more stringent rules on P2P lending, recently published by the FCA, are contributing to the slowness of Chip in introducing ChipX…

1 Like

I today wasn’t able to add a manual save and chip said they would have to disconnect my account and return all my funds. Not impressed as I’ve accumulated large savings and would have to start from £0

Thanks. I just did this, is it a mistake?

I’m 536 in the Monzo queue for Chip integration. Anyone much higher than this? Want a feel for how long I’ll have to wait.

I’m 394.

Queue? I just signed up and added my Monzo this morning…

I think the queue is for existing customers who are looking to transfer…?

It works out well for me timing wise. I lose 3% bonus interest on Tuesday and will have to withdraw everything anyway to make the switch.

Not sure. It wasn’t there when I signed up and then I received an email later on to say update the app to add monzo and starling

I added Monzo today as a new customer, but it only asked for my card, not to link my account which is what the queue is for I think.

The queue is for existing account holders who want to switch their linked card/bank.

1 Like

Got an email saying they now accept Monzo and to update the app so I linked my card this morning. As soon as I gave them my card details, it decided to save £7. I kinda want to know where it got this figure from. Where do they get their details from with just my card details?

I just came to this forum to say the same thing… Mine took out about 7 quid then died down for a couple of days and then took over 15 quid?! :joy: I’m pretty sure they just make it up ad they go along…

You’d be better off going and asking this on Chip’s own community forum: https://community.getchip.uk/

You’d be better off going and asking this on Chip’s own community forum: https://community.getchip.uk/

@gareththenerd This is the answer I got. Just me or does it seem like all this speak actually just means it’s completely random?

chip%20monzo

3 Likes