✅ Cheque Imaging 📱

That’s very kind, @BethS, many thanks. Actually, in this case I sorted it earlier this morning through the in app chat. I now know that the cheque was received last week and will be cleared funds tomorrow.

I was offering feedback based on my experience, in case it’s helpful. I’m suggesting that early communication is a good idea?

Best wishes.

3 Likes

I really like your idea and suggested something similar previously :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Excellent. The more voices on this the better, I reckon.

Is the service only for personal and business cheques in GBP on a UK sortcode or does it also cover bank and government warrants (similar to cheques), postal orders, and foreign cheques such as EUR or USD?

1 Like

I had the same problem and found that I had to keep pestering COps basically daily to see if they’d got the cheque yet. So some notifications in app would definitely save everyone’s time (and sanity)!

3 Likes

Only in GBP at the moment, I’m looking for further information on future support.

1 Like

I posted two cheques freepost on Monday and got an in-app message late yesterday (Tuesday) to say it had been received and when to expect cleared funds, so some cops/analysts/post-receivers do send messages?

6 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the B account has a feature where you can take a picture of a cheque and it will be cashed in your account within (I think) 2-3 business days. Here is the link for info: https://www.youandb.co.uk/the-app/cheque-deposit

1 Like

Perhaps the cow example is a hoax, but what about this cheque on the side of a shark?

Thanks @childrenoffate for suggesting this to :monzo:. About 10 days ago I posted a :ballot_box_with_check: by :postbox: to :monzo: FREEPOST address. A few days later I received a message via :monzo: apps that they have received it. Later on, its credited to my :monzo: account. In total, less than one week. Thanks @BethS for following up @childrenoffate’s suggestion :wink:

7 Likes

That is the trouble with emojis…for a while I wondered what posting a tick meant! :wink:

10 Likes

Hi @anon44204028, I mean cheque and emoji only has check mark :slightly_smiling_face:

I was in the same boat as @anon44204028 If it hadn’t been for the fact that I was aware of the context, I’d have given up trying to understand your post.

Serious questions: how long did it take to find the emojis? Would it have been quicker to just type the message?

3 Likes

Sorry @Anarchist. Enjoy your Sunday.

3 Likes

No apology necessary. You too :+1:

2 Likes

It wasn’t me who put it in place. :slight_smile:

I suggested it before I was staff and I can’t have been the only one because around the same time I joined they started confirming cheques being received with customers.

3 Likes

I’d be keen to see something like this too. I still receive cheques (my family insist on sending them for birthdays and Christmas) and it takes me a lifetime to get to the bank to cash them in. It also doesn’t help that a lot of banks are closing down near where I live. A scanning system with Monzo would be awesome!

1 Like

Not really. It shows the problem with misuse of emoji. Emoji should be used to represent concepts not sounds. Using :ballot_box_with_check: to represent a selection is perfect and the intended use. Using it to represent the sound of the American English word ‘check’ when referring to a completely different concept with the same sound in North America… Well, you can guess my opinion…

2 Likes

Is there any more on Cheque imaging coming as I’ve had a letter today from Nationwide (having the kids ISAs with them) that they will start accepting cheques using a cheque imaging system that will be built into their app coming Spring 2018 apparently

3 Likes

A great feature would be the ability to pay a cheque in by taking a photo of it. Quick, easy and hassle free. Saves time posting then waiting to process.

5 Likes