Cheque made out to maiden name

Hi there, I have just received a cheque made out to my maiden name but my Monzo account is in my married name. Is it possible to get it paid in?


I would speak to Customer Services and see if they will accept your birth certificate and marriage certificate as proof that you are the intended recipient of the cheque.


Can’t you get the company that sent the cheque to rectify their mistake? Tell them that’s not your surname and ask them to issue another.


And while you have them on the line you could ask them to try embracing the 21st century and send it by faster payments instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think getting it reissued is the easiest way.

Or better still ask if they could do a bank transfer (If that is possible)