Chase Bank UK chat

Are they going to report to the Ulster Freedom Fighters as well?

2 Likes

They need to use a new forum platform first and foremost, the one they have is pants. The one Monzo uses is a million times better.

1 Like

Lol I meant IRS

3 Likes

Many many years ago when I was at School, McDonalds opened a new restaurant just around the corner of the school.

When they opened, a friend of mine tried to start a boycott because ‘they donated to the IRA’. The ‘IRA’ in question was actually something like the ‘Internal Retirement Association’…

4 Likes

Is there a way to sign up

If you’re I agreement, please make them aware of this potential tweak - personally, I think it’s a no brainer:

1 Like

God it really is one of the worst forum platforms I have seen and I saw what forums were like before smartphones :smiley:
For all the money being ploughed in they really pulled a yank and bought a terrible platform from a huge legacy company by the looks of it.
And its so so so so slow, changing pages seems to take an age and I am on FTTP.

It’s not a forum as such. It’s a customer panel first and foremost, and the experience is pretty typical of them. Maru are fairly bog standard. They’ll never be a discourse, but that’s not what they’re for. It serves its purpose well. We’ve used them for clients in the past.

1 Like

I mean the survey part isnt awful but Maru seriously didnt have a clue when they bolted terms like “Forum” onto their wares. Its so unintuitive and slow.

3 Likes

Indeed, but it’s the package you pay for and that’s just one part of it, and not usually the most important.

1 Like

Yeah but sadly Chase are drawing attention to it, I mean Discourse hosted allows auth into other systems but its a pity chase didnt spend some of that cash on that.
Its a waste sadly.

1 Like

I think they just want more specific feedback instead of free form discussion. What they have as “forums” are closer to threads, or about a single topic at least. It is indeed very slow though.

How did you even get in. The only option I have is to login but I don’t have a login yet?!

I signed up ages ago. When they say “new forum” in the email its just a new thread that is a nightmare to read.

2 Likes

I can’t remember how I first signed up, it was probably with an invitation. How long have you been a customer?

That’s it. I thought the email was misleading, I thought it genuinely was a new forum ie a new platform. But as you said it was just a thread lol.

1 Like

Not too long, maybe 4 months

I’m a member of the Disney+ Fan Community, and the surveys Disney create are also with Maru.

Seems like a pretty standard platform for big businesses wanting customer feedback.

But yeah, it’s horrible.

1 Like

I’ve just thought about it. I kinda get why they’d use the worse platform (from our POV)

If Monzo wanted some information from the community, it would be quite involved and hands on because it would all be text comments someone needs to compile into something meaningful.

Thinking of the Maru panel, they only ask what they want to know and it’s probably automatically organised into statistics they can present back with ease.

3 Likes

I am waiting for a refund of my recent heating oil purchase and a re-charge for the correct amount (as the tank fit less than I bought).

I bought the oil on Chase. Since Friday, my Chase balance has gone up by the amount of the original transaction, so I thought they refunded me, but there is no refund transaction showing. Any other bank I’ve used, I am fairly certain this has never happened - if a refund came through, I saw the transaction and the balance update at the same time. The way Chase are doing it is very misleading.

Has anyone noticed this before with Chase or any other bank?

1 Like