Chase Bank UK chat

To be fair most of my frequent payments via Chase no longer ask for approval in app, and are automatically allowed.

To be fair monzo has this issue if you use anything other than the physical card

Flex
Virtual

Won’t let you release the tickets (this is LNER).

I always forget this so have to go to the ticket office to get it sorted.

1 Like

To be fair Monzo has a simple solution, use the physical card over any virtual one. Chase does not.

I am not sure how things will go with the problem with virtual cards in the future since its still quite niche with the vast amount of banks but at least the ones that have it dont have the chase issue but really chase should give you a way to see the physical card number to get around these bookings.
Hell they could have an inapp option to allow internet ordering using the physical card number for 12 hours to allow you to do tickets as a work around kinda like how you activate magnetic stripe for a period of time when in the USA etc.

If virtual card numbers take off across the big banks it will solve itself though.

2 Likes

If it becomes mainstream then the silly places that need the exact card number will change. It happens all the time.

4 Likes

Makes me curious how much fraud happens for some train companies to demand the actual card over ID or similar.

1 Like

Thats basically what I said but it autocorrected to nice instead of niche.
I just dont see it changing soon so chase should provide a way to see it given its 100% a LOS issue for chase.

1 Like

Except if ways around it are given then nothing will change. I do appreciate what you mean but it’s not a common issue broadly.

As for fraud… well the references aren’t sequential so guessing one is next to impossible so I can’t imagine fraud coming from someone guessing and collecting tickets.

There’s probably a greater chance of fraud from someone finding a random card and sticking it in a machine to see if there are any tickets attached to it. Not all machines require a reference number, some print just from a card.

1 Like

LOS?

1 Like

Has everyone got their annual interest statement for last year? Chase are suggesting it’s just me that doesn’t have it and have raised a case.

In app says:

Would give them till end of month, if I cared for this statement.

Yep agreed, I wish they’d allow ID or another card in your name

They told me to wait till the end of July, then every time I ask they point me at statements, then then say it should be there, now opened a ticket. Their support staff are just making it up as they go along.

1 Like

With the train tickets I think that if you also used a intermediary company such as train pal or the train line then I find that you could collect tickets with any card once you put in the reference number.

Anyway I’m other news, has anyone noticed sometimes when you go into it it doesn’t ask to verify for security and just goes straight into the account.

I’m using version 1.14.2 on iOS 15.6.

So say you open the app. Verify (in my case by Face ID). Then click on a random transaction. Then just go to the Home Screen. Go into another app or whatever. Then go back to Chase - usually it would ask again for faceID however recently it just goes straight into the acc. Which is got me a little worried haha

2 Likes

Quite possibly has a time out like most apps, 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Not sure if it can be changed on Chase. If you fully force close the app every time you finish with it, it should then ask for ID.

1 Like

It didn’t before but it’s fine. Just thought I’ll bring it to attention. I assume they’ll sort it soon.

Based on their last set of survey question - I guess they are about to launch their credit card?

What were they asking?

1 Like

How you use your account compared to other cards and a whole set of questions about why and how you use credit cards.

4 Likes

The longstanding credit interest rate of 1.5% is increasingly being matched and exceeded now, even by Marcus…

Ford Money now 1.55%, Tandem 1.65%.

Virgin is more but only quarterly; Shawbrook also more but min. withdrawal is £500.

1 Like

I’m about to move my savings from Monzo → Shawbrook, just wish that Monzo would increase their savings allowance and interest rate for the premium account. I would like to keep my money with them to support the bank ideally.

5 Likes