Chase Bank UK chat

Ouch.

1 Like

Fair enough but then hereā€™s a radical idea: donā€™t call it a ā€œcommunityā€ if its just a gloried panel. From the email alone, the description pointed me toward a private community, not a selective one on their end.

I guess it does make a lot of sense for them to be selective and start out small so it is focussed.

From what Iā€™ve seen though of actual makingmonzo threads, Monzo are the best Iā€™ve seen in Fintech with engaging users to help build product over the years. Key difference with Monzo is they donā€™t gather feedback for feedback sake, they actually action it unlike say Freetrade (hate to say it but they just user their community primarily as a marketing tool now).

Deep and seamless integration. My rounds-ups and cashback going straight into my Nutmeg LISA without me needing to leave the Chase app would be a start. JPM own both so they can go full steam ahead with embedding a real easy/rich open banking experience. They have deep pockets donā€™t need to upsell me to a subscription to benefit from connections either.

2 Likes

Completely agree. The Nutmeg acquisition is one of the most exciting things about Chaseā€™s foray into the U.K. market for me, and Iā€™m eager to see what they do with it.

Nutmeg is my platform of choice for my life savings and pension. Thatā€™s where most of my wealth is invested. Probably not the best value, but the returns are great and I love the platform and approach.

Part of me still longs for the promise of N26 Germany (current account, savings, credit, overdraft, insurance, and investing all apart of a single fintech banking service). That was such a compelling offer. I get why folks prefer the marketplace idea and the promise of open banking instead, but that just feels like itā€™ll be too fragmented to me.

Fintech robo investment platforms are the new fintech current accounts in my view. Nutmeg are my favourite among them, but Iā€™ve got a keen eye on Marcus too, and if itā€™s anything like what they offer in the US, it could convince to switch from Nutmeg. But Chase can mitigate that if they utilise Nutmeg properly and bundle it into a really compelling offering.

1 Like

Fun fact, Chase are not part of the CASS - I canā€™t switch my account

Isnā€™t that due to them not accepting DDā€™s at the moment though. So you canā€™t switch with CASS because they canā€™t transfer your Direct Debits over.

When they release that feature, CASS will probably be setup at roughly the same time?

2 Likes

Switch in or switch away? If the latter, what have you got to actually switch?

But they have a CASS paper form for switching. Does it not work?

Switching to starling, not much and I could manually transfer and close it down (as I donā€™t use it, after my Asda transfer issue a few weeks ago)

1 Like

Actually heard a Chase ad on national radio today :grin:
OK, it was talk Radio, so not exactly the biggest of audiences, but was still a pleasant surprise.
Mainly pushing the cashback :moneybag:

2 Likes

Strange that theyā€™re pushing the advertising this hard without offering any of the normal banking services like CASS, direct debits, etc.

2 Likes

Hopefully this means itā€™s coming very soon

1 Like

Chase Support have said that they donā€™t have an exact date yet for direct debits, just coming soon :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I had to call them last week, got chatting to the guy that was helping me with my query, I asked him about DD, he said that no staff member has been told about any date regarding DD, apart from ā€œsoonā€ he mentioned that CASS only opens for banks to register twice a year but he hasnā€™t been told when those opening would be and said that DD might come when they register for CASS. I just hope itā€™s soon :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Soon or Soon :eyes: ?

2 Likes

curious where can i also find the chase sort code checker? seems useful

First Google result

1 Like

Given Chase launched late Sep, thatā€™s a good first quarter of a yearā€™s use for a lot of us imagine.

How are people rewards looking balances fairing wrt roundups and cashback?
Mine below after using Chase as my spending accountā€¦

I previously had my rounds going out of my Monzo account and into Plumā€™s ethical fund.
5% on these means Iā€™ll probs transfer them manually at end of promotion in one lump sum, unless they extend.

Iā€™ve got Ā£92.45 saved from roundups and Ā£47.85 cashback in total since opening

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good going. Given they donā€™t let us deposit money into roundsups pocket, Iā€™d like to see them let us boost them x2 or x3.

Given the interest rate I doubt they will