Chase Bank UK chat

Ah, of course!

1 Like

I don’t propose these as answers to your questions, but things that could influence this (and may not be relevant to you unless you’re managing large amounts of other peoples money) might include:

Why have FTSE 100 ETF from both iShares and Vanguard?
Risk, e.g. company-wide policies on holding a certain percentage of AUM in a single fund. As a UK-based ETF investor, I’m sure they have a high percentage in FTSE 100 trackers, which could breach limits if it was all in the same fund.

Why APAC ex-Japan and Japan separately, rather than an all APAC? This allows you to underweight/overweight Japan. No different to holding separate US and Global ex-US Funds rather than just a Global Fund.

Why hedged and unhedged S&P? Allows you to underweight/overweight USD-GBP.

Why have any bonds? It’s not an equities-only product. No reason you shouldn’t look at corporate bonds to for returns.

2 Likes

my megre pension is fully managed with nutmeg , which im quite glad of as i wouldnt have a clue where to put it

Nutmeg has been activated within the Chase App.

(You may need to update the app to get it…)

Still “coming soon” for me (with latest iOS app). Probably a phased roll-out.

3 Likes

Yeah me too :disappointed: Not sure why I’m so excited for a little widget lmao

1 Like

Mine is active. If you’re new to Nutmeg and you open through chase and invest £1000 they’ll give you £100 bonus.

9 Likes

Hi I have been with chase now since the came over to the UK and I haven’t seen a cheque scanner yet

They have only just put in a savings account and DD

1 Like

Been in the app for around 4 weeks now

You’re replying to a post from 2021 - they were clearly referring to the US app.

4 Likes

Apologies

7 Likes

Has anybody had any luck in either reopening their old Chase account once closed, or opening a new one? I closed my account early last year because they didn’t support direct debits and no-one could tell me when they would (and, of course, they introduced them the week after I closed the account, but it was too late then…).
Customer services originally said I’d need to wait 12 months before reapplying but it now turns out that this was just them kicking the can down the road. The last person I spoke to said that it’s not about time, it’s about a limitation with their system - once you’ve been a customer, you can’t come back. Just wondered if anyone has had a different experience.

1 Like

Assume getting closer to a form of credit being offered?

1 Like

I guess something like overdrafts first? Would be interesting to see what else they bring to the table.

Although I guess it’s going to be a slow and steady roll out of products.

1 Like

This is good, another thing to make them feel more established and legitimate.

Nope this is not possible - “currently”

I was also, like you, told it would be a 12 month limit. I think it’s connected to the cashback because that was also 12 months originally, when I reached it I was told no but “perhaps around march time” I could re-apply then. Even getting them to erase me off the systems (so no marketing etc) didn’t sort that either. I just don’t get marketing about an account they can’t re-open.

I

1 Like

Currently, Chase won’t allow customers who have closed account in the past, to rejoin.

I’d suggest for new and developing fintechs, don’t fully close it, instead leave it dormant with a £1 balance. If your card is frozen, it’s safe.

4 Likes

Seeing as Zopa haven’t increased their interest rate recently, I will move my savings back into Chase now it is at 3%.

1 Like

Chase will offer a credit card at some point…

This is on the Chase website under Newsroom…

The info is within the Nutmeg news article, which can be found here: Media centre | Chase UK

15 Likes