Changing interest rates within Monzo

Latest easy access rates for Monzo:

1 Like

Pathetic rates, hence all my money moved elsewhere.

1 Like

To be honest, itā€™s not so much the rates for me, itā€™s the lack of easy access and the minimum balance requirements.

If savings pots were instant access (and could go to Ā£0) Iā€™d definitely use them to stash cash during the month.

Wouldnā€™t use them for proper savings, though, unless the rates were the best I could find. And given that OakNorth and Shawbrook are always going to offer the same account with a higher interest, then sadly Iā€™m unlikely to use Monzo for that. :frowning:

Whereas Iā€™m happy to take a slightly lower rate to keep it all in one place, I wonā€™t ever need it urgently today, so waiting for the next day isnā€™t an issue.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve just recently set 2 pots up, one for cambelt replacement in June 2026 and one for the car servicing. Quite happy to have them sat in those interest bearing pots. Itā€™s in one place, itā€™s just collecting away without me noticing. I know when Iā€™ll be using the cash, so can withdraw a couple of days before needed.

3 Likes

Since earlier thereā€™s a slightly higher rate new option

2 Likes

Despite the update, still really hopeless rates.

Zopa has the far better 2.86% for instant access.

Obviously instant isnā€™t quite the instant that, for some reason some think must be within a few seconds (that just shows a lack of planning) but more than quick enough for me.

Mind you, as I have said this before, I was brought up in the time of cheques.

Iā€™m not sure they are hopeless. Iā€™d call my empty NatWest saver with 0.5% hopeless. Agreed Monzo are not the best rate but not bad if you like having everything visible in the app. Iā€™m currently getting 2.58% with Monzo Joint pot and Iā€™m happy with that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why they are usually referred to as ā€œeasy accessā€. Zopaā€™s not bad, though - 10-20 minutes in my experience.

Iā€™m more than happy with a couple of hours.

Shawbrook upped their rate from 2.16% to 2.32% today.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind the rates increasing but itā€™s happening so much that Iā€™m archiving too many pots :sweat_smile:

I do wish they would just update the rates so I donā€™t have to keep doing it. I hate archived potsā€¦

13 Likes

On earning interest on ā€˜easy accessā€™, Monzo never seems to have the best productā€¦ constant changes to interest rates means you have to close and reopenā€¦ the rate is always lower than other providers, e.g. Nationwide, Chase or Zopa and the worst bit for me is that you can only access the funds the next working day!

Good concept, bad execution.

1 Like

The interest on my paragon pots has just been increased automatically! :muscle:t3: Although this was not the case with my Shawbrook pot :thinking:

4 Likes

What did it increase to, and how long have you had them open?

The rate was increased from 1.0% to 2.0% ā€¦ with one pot being around 18 months old and the other around 6 monthsā€¦

Monzo notified me of the increase by email todayā€¦

1 Like

I have had a few now including one today. I first mentioned it here last yearā€¦

Iā€™m still taking the approach of keeping all the different savings pots open and shuffling the money to the highest earning pot at any given time (rather than archiving). As far as I can tell, Iā€™m able to get the best offer without creating new pots. I just change the colour of the pot with the highest earning savings rate and make sure the money is in that one.

Wait I donā€™t get this. All your pots automatically update?

1 Like

They should. Just very very slooooowly.

Iā€™ve still got the one that looks like it was an error, quite surprised at that.