Hi, sorry to break this out to a new topic but I have had the following issue when trying to upgrade to Plus/ Premium for a few weeks:
“Sorry, but we can’t let you upgrade your Monzo account right now.”
I checked the forum to see anyone else had this problem but I couldn’t find any previous posts. Apologies if it has been mentioned before.
The in app self help advised I check:
- I have enough funds to pay the fee (all good).
- I’m sadly very much over 18.
- I’m on Android 10, with the latest version of the app (including a reinstall).
- No gambling.
- No crypto purchases.
I contacted support to see but they could only give me a broad answer simply stating they could not give me Plus/ Premium and they were sorry for the inconvenience. The agent who responded to me was from the Plus/ Premium team so I imagine they have a solid understanding of any internal requirements.
There are a couple issues that I’m purely guessing could cause it:
- I have been a user since the beta days moving to the current account in 2017, however I have not used my account for my salary and I have very low card usage.
- I have potentially a data issue with Transunion. (This is a guess, as I can view my Experian and Equifax files but I am unable to see my Transunion file through any provider)
- I have a 3 year inconsistency notice on National Hunter for opening too many accounts in a short period (2 x current accounts and 4 savings accounts, with 2 x providers around September 2019, Lloyds and First Direct)
I know the forum can’t provide any specifics on Monzos internal decision making but I was hoping to see if anyone else had the issue and if they found out the route cause.
Do my guesses seem logical or do you think theres potentially another reason Monzo wouldn’t want me to upgrade?
(As a btw, I have no grievance, I understand this is the banks discretion. I’m genuinely just trying to figure it out)