Cancelled Monzo Plus - Why do I need a new card?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

They do that too stop people signing up for plus to get the card and then just cancel straight away, just a shame the old coral card if you still have it couldn’t be used instead

2 Likes

Presumably you weren’t so worried about waste when Monzo sent you your blue card?

10 Likes

If card/packaging/waste is such a big concern of yours, why didn’t you keep your coral card to start with?

3 Likes

Well… I didn’t NEED it, but the card was nice, I could have taken it or left it

It just makes little sense - Had I’d had the option to not have the +card, I probably wouldn’t have taken it, it is odd though

I do agree with you on both counts. I think it’s a bit excessive but they want to keep it exclusive.

You did have the option to not have the card though btw.

3 Likes

I guess in my honeymoon with Monzo Plus, I either didn’t see it, or wasn’t thinking

This is true, everyone had that option :slight_smile:

People here have said that when they’ve done that, they’ve been sent a new card after cancelling Plus anyway :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m sure that’s true. But even if you don’t take the Plus card they send you another pink card.

1 Like

OP would still have received an unnecessary replacement card on cancellation, though.

1 Like

They’ve fixed that apparently.

In September, I decided to cancel Plus and I ordered a new card early so that I didn’t miss a day without a card.

I worked out a way around the way around the ‘forced’ replacement by simply force closing the Monzo app. It just reopened in the feed.

If its been fixed, that’s a better way around than mine.

Happy cake day!

But…

Pink? :scream:

1 Like

Pink?! :pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Pink? :triumph:

1 Like

Haha. :joy:

I knew I’d get a few bites.

It does look a bit pink to me, though.

3 Likes