Can we talk about LISAs (Lifetime ISAs)?

(Nathan) #64

It wouldn’t solve it no but it would be a nice step :slight_smile:

Some mobile sites are horrendous to use (Argos, Boots etc.)

One of the main reasons I stopped using Lifeworks and TopCashback to be honest.

Is there not a way to do this similar to AirtimeRewards which just links it through the card rather than magic referral links?

(Freddie Altman) #65

Totally understand that point about some retailers’ websites.

So the Airtime Rewards experience is obviously amazing but there are only about 50 retailers on board at present, which wouldn’t help you build your deposit that quickly. For us, it’s really about weighing up the volume of retailers on the platform versus the ease of tracking purchases to get your cashback.

Lots of retailers aren’t aware of or aren’t in favour of card-linking because there’s a possibility you can get something called “passive earn”, i.e. making money without even realising it or having the intention to make a conscious decision to shop with them because of the available reward. It’s hard for them to know who’s who and that they’re not just discounting their highly engaged regular customers’ purchases.

(Nathan) #66

Im going to be honest and say this is seamless and the way i want it to be to be honest.

Butttt… i know river island is on there over topman subconsciously so i know im getting a better deal when i buy from there

The lack of support on mobile was the main sticking point for me and Kidstart, actually. Amazon cashback, for example, I want to have from the app - I very rarely use their website and it’s a real hassle logging in with two factor and so on

Me too

I would rather have cashback from a merchant and think “wow, that was so easy, I’ll definitely shop there again”

Having to be active puts me off completely, because I feel I’m maybe shopping in a way I wouldn’t without the cashback sometimes = bad

In that scenario, I’d rather forgo the cashback altogether

(Freddie Altman) #69

What about for larger purchases like holidays, insurance, etc.? If you’re getting £00’s back is the slight inconvenience worth it then?

Big purchases are a whole different ballgame…

It’s a question of working out whether paying via a referral link is going to cost you more or less :joy:, particularly for insurance and electronics.

I don’t see cashback sites offering a “never knowingly undersold” price promise