Business account owners: let's get to know you

You chaps want to share some screenshots of what the app looks like and feels?

It’s exactly the same look and feel as the personal Monzo experience as far as I can tell so far. It’s the exact same app with account switcher.

I wasn’t asked if I wanted anyone else to have access.

I just told @jackcully it was a requirement when he first contacted and then it was all put in place in the phone call this afternoon. I know my brother has been contacted about being ‘added’ to the account and we’ll both effectively be ‘joint’ admins for the account.

This I hadn’t noticed, and they need to be increased as otherwise businesses are going to be paying taxes in multiple payments spread over a few days, which is hardly ideal!

2 Likes

This would be excellent, echoing somewhat the way Curve works with Xero integration. You’d assign the nominal code to the category in the Monzo app, and then it makes its way into Xero automatically. I’m sure other accounts software providers could be supported in the same way.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Help us understand what features you’d like to see in a Monzo business account!

Hey!

So… I set up a pot on my new Business account yesterday to prepare for the future (and because I got excited about having the account…), and noticed that the Pot I created also appears on my Personal account. And when I transferred a small nominal amount into the pot from my personal account, the nominal amount is now showing up in the Pot on both accounts.

Is this to be expected? Should newly created Pots be shared between Personal and Business accounts? :slight_smile:

I just noticed this too. I’d hope that was a bug, as I certainly don’t think it should work that way.

2 Likes

I don’t have a business account, but this feels like exactly the type of bug the beta is here to catch and fix :bug:

Have you been given a way to directly report issues during the closed beta?

1 Like

Hey Termy
Moved your post here so we can keep all feedback together. You’re absolutely right - I have the same bug. Good spot.

Thanks for flagging this, this should be fixed later today (you shouldn’t need to update your app).

2 Likes

Thanks for making it all a bit cleaner, Tom! :slight_smile: Much appreciated!
@daniel.cannon Amazing work! Thanks for letting us know! :3

Some more early thoughts.

• Summary needs to be removed. It’s not relevant for business and it should be turned off and replaced with something else.
  • Categories - these also aren’t particularly relevant to business. Again, I think these should be removed in their current form.
  • Shared contacts and payees from other accounts need to be removed
  • Pleased to see embossed “BUSINESS ACCOUNT” on card so I can easily tell it apart from my other card. It’s a bit odd that it still has “INVESTOR” on it though.
  • There is no way of telling cards apart in Apple Wallet other than memorising the last four digits.
  • What is the plan for large scale multiple outgoing payments? It would be impossible in current format.

The shared pots bug is still live by the way @daniel.cannon

6 Likes

Thanks again for the detailed feedback!

Summary needs to be removed. It’s not relevant for business and it should be turned off and replaced with something else.

This is something we have heard from a number of people, unfortunately replacing Summary is a pretty large task so I can’t promise we will change anything for a little while here. Also I am not sure removing the tab entirely in the short term would make sense but I am interested to hear what you think.

Pleased to see embossed “BUSINESS ACCOUNT” on card so I can easily tell it apart from my other card. It’s a bit odd that it still has “INVESTOR” on it though.

We hope to have a completely separate card design in the future, I will look into ensuring that investor cards are not sent for businesses though. We should be able to update Apple/Google Pay in the next couple of weeks to have a different card design.

The shared pots bug is still live by the way @daniel.cannon

Ah sorry about that, the fix is ready to go but I didn’t manage to release it on Friday. I should be able to release it first thing on Monday!

6 Likes

Also a follow on question regarding Summary, what kind of tool would you like to replace it? What information are you looking for?

Thanks for the updates. Good stuff.

Some simple cashflow analysis would be a great start to replace Summary, aka Xero’s dashboard:

https://www.xero.com/content/dam/xero/images/features/dashboard/feature-dash-cash-graph.svg

or historical bank balance over time:

image http://www.growthwise.com.au/uploads/partners/_868xAUTO_fit_center-center_85/Bank.png

I realise these aren’t instant additions of course.

4 Likes

Great to see this thread open. I’ll post more thoughts later (I’d already provided some email feedback to @jackcully which I’ll repost here later).

Just a quick one to add my agreement to one of the main themes here… Personal and business accounts need to be separate - that includes payee lists particularly, but also limits and cash withdrawal allowances. The accounts belong to two separate entities (a person and a business) and that distinction needs to be made.

I’d personally prefer a separate app for the business account but I realise I’m likely to be in a minority with that one. But I don’t like the fact the aggregator service I use (moneydashboard) is now pulling in my business finances in addition to my personal finances, and that’s due to them being accessed by the same login credentials. Or perhaps Monzo can add an option to allow or disallow aggregator access for each account?

Interested to keep an eye on this thread and see how it all shapes up - great to be able to influence the development.

And thanks to @jackcully and all at Monzo for selecting project forty two to take part in the trial :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m not a business user, but had a question about this regarding multiple users which was answered already (you can have multiple users).

A few things that weren’t answered were…

1. Do ALL users of the business account need to have a Monzo personal account?
  2. Is it £5 per USER on the business account, or simply £5 per account with unlimited users?
  3. What is to stop someone adding multiple business users and taking advantage of the new foreign ATM limits for each user (this may be answered already depending on the answer to the first two questions)?

Cheers :smiley:

2 Likes
  1. I don’t know the answer to this one
  2. It’s per account, not per user
  3. I think the limits will be for the business account as a whole, but are currently incorrectly linked to the main individual account holder

Couple of other things I noticed.

When I share account details, it gives the account name as my own name rather than the company’s name. Again, it’s confusing the personal and the corporate.

It shows the profile photos of the two personal users. Not so bad with two, will get messy with multiple users, and I’d prefer just one profile pic to be displayed where I could upload the company logo.

First one of those I think needs fixing quickly, second not so urgent - there are bigger things that need to be done.

7 Likes