Burndown chart issue

Same here, It’s annoying and I don’t want to see it.

I’d rather just the balance be there BUT I also want to have the option to blur/hide that also as I have said in other posts.

2 Likes

I hope functionality like this isn’t removed from the app. before us Android users have been given the chance to use it :smile:

1 Like

We are not saying to remove the functionality but to have ability to toggle it on or off in the settings. So the user has a choice.

Personally I use my Android in preference to my iOS and think it looks much nicer without this new feature.

While I appreciate that it is primarily intended for future display of current account features such as upcoming direct debits, I am not sure I want that info permanently on display. It would be best elsewhere.

2 Likes

I remember the days when it slid away when scrolling.

5 Likes

My sentiments exactly, maybe it could be sandwiched under the Spending tab (though that means it makes it more difficult to view each point by day) or simply toggled off. It follows you as you scroll and takes up half the screen.

2 Likes

Here’s the changes that will be made to the Pulse Graph when the current accounts launch & Hugo’s explanation for it always being displayed -

2 Likes

We can understand what they want to display (next salary, direct debits, standing orders, overdraft charges and to scroll through the feed without losing visibility of total balance) but what if customers don’t want to see their next salary, direct debits, standing orders, overdraft charges or scroll through the feed without losing visibility of their total balance??? Particularly on phone models with smaller screens.

@hugo without losing the ability to display this info, how about the possibility to be able to toggle it on or off so those of us who don’t want this info permanently on display can switch it off?

1 Like

I’ll let Hugo answer this but in the meantime, it’s worth thinking about the implications of adding settings too -

I’m not sure how valuable being able to see 8 transactions rather than 4 in the feed is, as they’re usually unrelated?

Also, even for users who don’t get their salary paid in or want to see direct debits, the graph still has lots of useful functionality - it’s the quickest way to scroll to transactions, between the same date in different months & the only way to see the total that you’ve spent each day…

So as an example, user’s might end up hiding the graph, before they have a chance to realise that, that functionality’s there.

2 Likes

With some smaller screens 7cm high and other larger screens 15cm high it has a real impact on the users with some phone models

1 Like

I’d be interested to see a screenshot of how that looks & to hear what the impact is.

3 Likes

To be honest I don’t use it to scroll quickly since it’s more intuitive to scroll down rather than scroll to the side (one of my initial questions last year on monzo was how to access targets monthly and I didn’t figure out that you could just swipe between months) Plus you have a whole bunch of transactions in a month so if I want to check something I spent 3 days ago for example, I can’t use that function either.

I don’t have any recurring transactions that links to monzo/ get any salary paid in, so seeing the same date on different months doesn’t really serve a purpose for me. I prefer to top up only when I need it so I save interest in my Santander acc.

The total spent per day is useful for me since I have a separate app that I use to keep track of my transactions across banks/wallets, but I would prefer additional info for this if you were on a trip for example- the total spent per day and your remaining balance could be listed in the foreign currency alongside the one in £. I think it’s been brought up in the past before
Edit: here (Foreign Exchange Rate and Balance When In Other Countries)

1 Like

I’d be interested in this too. I can only assume an iPhone 6/s/7 Plus is classed as a ‘phablet’ so I guess that’s why I don’t really see the problem.

1 Like

I have emailed a screenprint to Alex from my other phone as when I tried emailing it to Discourse it wouldn’t let me as I was sending it from another email address :angry:

2 Likes

Here’s @anon44204028’s screenshot

And I can see that that’s not great. So I guess the question is, what proportion of iOS users have this smaller screen size? Monzo will already have the data for this but I’m curious to get some sense so…

Which model of iPhone do you have (if you have more than one, choose the one that you use Monzo on most often)?

According to this diagram the 4S & 5 models have the ‘too small’ screen size.

• iPhone 4S or 5
  • iPhone 4S or 5 but plan to upgrade within 3 months
  • iPhone 6 or newer

0 voters

2 Likes

Hopefully with Android more people will have larger screens and it will be less of a problem on that system

2 Likes

I’ve got the 5S so I’m also in the small screen category.

5 Likes

iPhone 4S

iPhone 6

I have an iPhone 5 but that is on iOS 8 so won’t work but yeah a lot of space is taken up.

1 Like

I did check & it looks like iOS 9 is available for the 4S & above, is that not correct?

1 Like

Yeah, my 4S is on iOS 9

2 Likes

my iPhone 4S (single SIM UK model MD235B/A) runs iOS ver 9.3.5

1 Like