❌ Bring back the old design!

Surely the issue is with the on-boarding process then? If people aren’t being educated in how to use the new app after being used to it working in a completely different way previously?

3 Likes

Why go live if you admit there are improvements to be made

1 Like

Things should be continually improved. If they went by that philosophy they’d never launch :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I preferred the old style app, but regardless;

Please remove the budget (‘£xxx left for x days’) under the balance in the basic view;

I don’t use Monzo as my main account (only my main ‘spending account’) and the budget statement is misleading and irritating.

Let people switch on the budgets if they so wish and let the rest of us ignore them.

Thanks!

7 Likes

The new UI is okay, but why remove the graph?
Seeing the graph when first opening the app was a really good feature and made is very clear visually how your balance was doing.

3 Likes

I will be honest.

I don’t mind the new design. It’d quicker to navigate between cards, and it feels smoother.

However what I do not like is when I open the app, it displays ALL my account and how much is in them. I feel very insecure when I open my app now and I have to either hide my phone away from prying eyes. Not that I have it open in people’s faces but if I’m on the public transport, I’ll need to turn my phone away to check Monzo.

I would prefer it if the app opened up to a “preferred” account rather than displaying all my accounts for everyone to see.

2 Likes

Because nothing is ever perfect. Nothing would ever happen by your logic.

I have been critical of some aspects of Monzo in the past, but the new design is not one of them. It is a functional banking app with room to add new features, it is not meant to be a work of art.

4 Likes

Neither do I.

And herein lies the problem. Many people use Monzo as a spending account or similar but have not got to the point of using it as their primary/only current account.

1 Like

Exactly the issue monzo is trying to solve by introducing these features. You use monzo as your main account, everything works well and all your problems with the budgeting etc and left to spend are solved. Seems like an issue for you guys rather than an issue for monzo! They want to be your main, why would they build extra features to help you not use it as your main.

7 Likes

I Agree… the old design was so much better… main reason for me loving this bank was because it was like no other banking app… and now it is! It’s a shame because it looks like a lot of work went into it… but it does suck hard!

6 Likes

I don’t expect the old UI to come back or for Monzo to effectively support two UIs but I’ve been using the app on and off throughout the day with the new UI and the features I really liked are gone.

Still, there is Starling I suppose.

3 Likes

Please make the overdraft facility as obvious as it used to be! At the moment it is hidden

And even if in the opinion of Monzo it was perfect and finished, people would still cry change.

2 Likes

And Metro, and Lloyd’s, and TSB, and Nationwide, and Barclays etc

There are tons of banks out there if you want a change. Don’t limit yourself!

2 Likes

No thanks to the new design. More complicated and less gentle on the eyes. I’m struggling to recall the old one precisely but it seemed more intuitive, less easy to get lost in, and cleaner on the eyes - easy reading, clear, maybe it was darker before?

• Don’t like the slide up option. It’s just really annoying and frustrating so far.
  • Just bringing up my bank account transaction list seems difficult.
  • It is unclear that the random numbers in a bubble are your account details, they look jiberish due to design and location.
  • Several clicks later and a determination not to get angry, but solve a problem, I found the budgeting button in the form of the tiny button up top right… as indicated by a muted blue pie.

Not intuitive and simple, as good apps are. As this was before. The app was so lovely and clean and clear in its last design. When joining a couple months ago I found straight into the app I could find things easy. Not now.

Don’t make me think. It’s the first rule of design, right?

Also… be kind on our over-screened eyes and make visuals clear and clean but not too bright.

Thanks.

6 Likes

A lot of this is due to being used to the old layout. You’ll get used to the new one in no time. If the new one was the only one you’d used I’m sure you’d feel different (and the statistics from the data they’ve taken from new users back that up!)

4 Likes

It was intuitive straight in before. This new layout is not. I don’t enjoy it. It was a pleasure using the old UI.

2 Likes

But… the old interface was clean and intuitive and I picked it up quickly because it let you do simple things straight away and quickly find the extra features. That was only a couple months ago. This new design… it isn’t obvious where the previously main features are hidden. And it has a lot more detail in a link order I am not following well. It’s not intuitive and the important stuff is hidden. It’s genuinely confusing even just trying to find my account statements.

3 Likes

That’s because you didn’t have preconceptions about where things should be! They made sure new users found features just as easily before they approved the new design so the stats don’t lie! I completely understand your frustration but look at the very similar comments anytime any social media platform changes its design and a week later everyone is used to it and it’s all fine again. Just wait till you can add your credit card, see all your transactions and budget and categorise them all inline with your monzo account and you’ll be singing the new app designs praises :slight_smile:

1 Like

I assume for a lot of complaints you’re right, but i and plenty others have pointed out clear flaws that go way beyond just not being used to where things are

1 Like