Brexit Chat

Voted remain, would probably vote leave now, especially as the new Italian government is pushing a lot of the foreign policy to the far right.

That and a lot of the reformative policies put forward by the Labour Party aren’t possible within the restraints of the single market.

Also, I believe that if the Brexit result was in anyway seen to be overturned it would lead to a huge resurgence in the far right in the UK.

2 Likes

I’m awaiting the return of Anarchy in The Uk any second now…

2 Likes

Whatever happens next, carrying on as if it’s business as usual isn’t going to work - doing nothing will provide fertile ground for both extremes of the poltical spectrum to flourish.

Again, regardless of whatever flavour of leave or remain we end up with, the country needs a New Deal type plan, addressing the issues that led to people voting to leave in the first place. Spoiler alert: it’s not the European Commission eroding economic prospects for U.K. citizens.

3 Likes

I can’t wait, this country is gonna explode very soon.

And what good will that do anyone?

1 Like

It probably won’t do anything at all but it would show that people have had enough.

I don’t think bowing to (or even being subjected to) a violent minority (for that is what it would be) would do us any good either way.

1 Like

We’ve seen the carnage that can be caused by the World Cup at the weekend… just imagine the same but with fury enraged crowds instead

OK, we’re starting to spiral now. It’s probably worth reigning in a bit. Stuff that could be read as a threat of civil disobedience is probably worth avoiding!

1 Like

Like the 2012 riots where people were nicking trainers and TV’s you mean?

No one is advocating violence, there has just been a mere suggestion that it may happen. This isn’t Blackberry Messenger.

yep… looting everywhere… the high street is already in a bad enough state without public disorder thrown in too…

Agreed, we haven’t got there quite yet and we hopefully won’t.

1 Like

Best riots ever!!! I got 3 TV’s, 10 pairs of trainers and loads of clothes :joy_cat:

2 Likes

In risk of sounding like I’ve gone mad, I actually have respect for Boris and David both resigning for not feeling fully committed.

I know it might be tatical but I do prefer the honesty in resigning rather than being made to follow the majority on votes in parliament to ensure conservative “wins”.

Im sure I can be corrected for thinking like this but currently that’s what I’m swayed towards !

I got stuck in the office during the Manchester side of the riots, police wouldn’t let us leave the building. Had to literally sit in a ground floor office like sheep hoping it would end soon.

2 Likes

I’ve got respect for anyone that walks in this sort of situation.

There’s nothing worse than batting your head against a brick wall. I can imagine Teresa May being a stubborn egotistical maniac behind closed doors.

She might look good arguing with Corbyn in the Commons but underneath it all she looks evil to me.

She didnt want brexit but because she has to accept it is doing her upmost to have it her way

1 Like

Wow. That must have been awful.

(I’ve only read a quarter of this thread, so…)

Anyhow, to answer to original question, I wouldn’t change my vote (which was remain). I had only been eligible to vote for 5 months when the referendum came around, but I still looked into both sides.

Unfortunately, my constituency at the time (Barrow and Furness) voted heavily for leave :frowning:

My sister - who was 17 at the time and so couldn’t vote, would’ve voted remain and has been very vocal about how annoyed she is that she wasn’t able to vote, considering this affects her perhaps more than the older people that can vote.

Liam

3 Likes

But referendums are not intended to be binding…they never were. They’re advisory votes. That’s not old fashioned, that’s rewriting history.

I voted remain and would again.

7 Likes