Brexit Chat

I think the last paragraph is the one that drives the running for cover need

The rest was a reasonable arguement for the leave cause. That one, unfortunately, just reads (to me) as an attack on anyone who disagrees with you and undoes much of the coherence of what went before. I’m sorry if I’ve misread it in some way but your follow up post appears to reinforce that interpretation. :worried:

5 Likes

21 additional months under rule law, least everyone can say they were right when it was predicted leaving wouldn’t be easy !

2 Likes

Wow. That’s a pretty clear sign that they basically don’t know how to enact this without screwing the country completely.

4 Likes

It seems she’s also taken negotiations into her own hands to deal with directly rather than the group that couldn’t decide on what to have for lunch let alone agree on something to do with Brexit.

I always thought 2 years was too short a time for it to happen in regardless. There have been talks on and off about a longer transition period from the start.

1 Like

I think the government has gone about this the wrong way from the start.

IMO, They should have consulted the electorate after the result to find out why they voted leave or remain and then took it from there… A mass survey would have done the trick and given a platform for them to formulate a plan from.

3 Likes

And what would that have told us? We don’t want EU regulation but we want access to the single market on our terms would be the consensus from the leave camp.
It doesn’t matter what we want, the EU has to agree and there’s no reason why they should.
All the pre referendum talk of trade deals with the EU never mentioned the fact that a deal needs both sides to want some version of it

3 Likes

Maybe an option as to whether a soft, hard or no Brexit would have been a better selection during the original referendum.
Just throwing ideas around :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Everything you have mentioned means absolutely nothing to me whatsoever, and I bet that a large percentage of the population would struggle to explain what the single market is or what trade deals are…

Im also confident that single market and trade deals weren’t even in people thoughts when they went to the ballet box.

The big red bus was, surely…

1 Like

Which is why this is such a mess now I think.

3 Likes

It’ll be very interesting to see wether or not the Supreme Court will allow the Scottish governments Brexit bill to stand http://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/107725.aspx

Watching with great interest!

3 Likes

I have a special interest in the affairs of the United Kingdom.

Breaking the forth wall: Mainly because I live here.

You have an incompetent government and I feel sorry for the citizens based there.

1 Like

I am interested how it will affect Gibraltar as been there today.

2 Likes

Did you see the monkeys?

1 Like

No I am scared of heights.

1 Like

Yep, sorry.

I work with many nationalities and it was free for all in attacking them, even UK citizens with Canadian accents were asked when they were going home.

Edit to add: It’s really difficult when every single one of my friends/family/acquaintances who voted leave is a devoted or closet racist. The ones who start conversations with “I’m not a racist but…”.

2 Likes

Me too!! - the fact that this bill even exists just go to show how “Unions” aren’t always the land of milk and honey that people want them to be

3 Likes

I’m looking for Scottish ancestry

2 Likes

If trump has some then I’m sure we can find you some too :rofl:

1 Like

My late wife was Scottish (of Wallace) so maybe I can claim it too?

1 Like