Bounce back Loan

ah well google is your friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re referring to Starling, they do offer Bounce Back Loans…

1 Like

" Really? Which banks are these? "

" they do offer Bounce Back Loans…"

I know they do , but if you are going to quote me selectively :man_shrugging: see google was your friend, lol but you probably knew what I was talking about anyway :slight_smile:

I’m not quoting you selectively.

I simply made the comment that I am not aware of any bank which offers Business Accounts not offering Bounce Back Loans apart from Monzo.

You seem to have referred to Starling obliquely rather than just mentioning their name (telling ppl to Google things is not in the spirit of the community guidelines) but they do provide Bounce Back Loans.

So, I ask again, are you aware of any banks which offer business accounts not offering Bounce Back Loans apart from Monzo? If so, who?

Otherwise, my previous statement stands about the perception that Monzo do not seen to be supporting their SME customers.

I never said Starling didnt offer bounce back loans - I obliquely said “they” - as in “some banks” refuse to give them out to some customers despite being as you rightly pointed out were 100% guaranteed , which, yes I was aware of :slight_smile: - which is quite clear in my replies to you in the thread and you knew exactly who I meant when I mentioned it, I probably said “some banks” because I didnt want to get into the argument of Starling versus Monzo “not supporting their SME customers” , when quite clearly Starling are being selective in who they support , you had the pop at Monzo “not wanting to support SMEs” and “not having their backs” …goes for Starling as well :slight_smile: …last post on this …thanks

All banks are rejecting some applications - for instance if they don’t meet the eligibility criteria set out by the government or have submitted multiple applications.

The point stands that only Monzo are refusing to even take part in the scheme at all - the only bank which hasn’t to my knowledge - hence not supporting its SME customers

Do you have to get the bounce back loan from the same bank that you have your business account with?

As I see it, Monzo don’t currently offer any lending for business accounts, so effectively they would have had to implement that whole process in a very small timeframe, whereas banks that already offer business loans could more simply integrate the BBL into a process and architecture that already exists.

Given that personal loans took quite a while to implement and finesse, perhaps this was not physically possible without serious impact elsewhere.

Officially, no. But there are very few banks offering BBLs to non customers. Only HSBC is in volume I believe and even they ask non customers to try their own bank first.

I’m not suggesting Monzo support non customers, but those who have business accounts with them

Edit: if your read my original post, I was questioning how attractive Monzo would be for SMEs in future, if they are not seen to be offering govt loan schemes for help during Covid. I’ve never said, there is no where else they can go, though those businesses have very little choice.

No, you’re making it sound like Monzo customers have no alternative and because Monzo isn’t offering them, they are stuck. Which isn’t the case.

I’m not sure that is true. Every other bank has also had to develop new systems and processes for BBL loans - and in some ways its harder to integrate BBLs into existing systems as BBL rules need you to ignore many checks that a bank would normally carry out when lending money.

Monzo could simply use much of the same code they use for personal loans now for bounce back loans

OK, this is now very circular with the same drum being beaten very hard and very repeatedly. I’m bored, I don’t know about anyone else?

Could Monzo have offered BBLs? Presumably.
Do they? No.
Is that good or bad? Depends on your personal opinion/agenda.

Not a lot else to say is there.

5 Likes