BMW's subscriptions

In that case, for each time you DON’T use indicators to change direction, to inform other road-users what you intend to do, you get charged £25

That’d sort it. CPA-based-Road-Rage-solution. ‘Vindicators™️’

2 Likes

The story goes that all the value added is now in the batteries, so all the profit will shift to China and European manufacturers will shrink, eventually. This kind of approach smacks of a dying brand that needs to squeeze every last drop out of its customers

I for one welcome our robot overlords right now. I mean, at least they would actually do something instead of hiding in a (posh mansion/fighter jet/number 10 secret bar)

Anyway, back on topic

• This is just the start, I agree with the above comments around the fact that owning the car will become less of a thing. Subscriptions and all of that in the future I think

I think most modern cars do in some way now. Things like updating maps, internet connection, access to charging infrastructure and for 3rd party services like Spotify to name a few.

1 Like

They do, I had a car that had wifi subscription for example. But, I think the whole “pay to use your heated seats” is a dangerous slope.

Soon we’ll be paying a subscription to have a steering wheel instead of a rusty spoon…

2 Likes

I can already heat my BMW seats for free. I don’t get it.

I can already heat my BMW seats for free. I don’t get it.

Maybe with the new subscription every time you pay they send a valet out who sits in your car and keeps your seat warm till you come back?

1 Like

A bit like this? I don’t think it really caught on. Everyone I spoke to at the time said the same thing (“ewwww!”) and that was before the plague.

1 Like

That’s one way to upsell the fact they double booked your room…

1 Like

No one will be driving in 2163. Will be autonomous.

Going a step further, I doubt anyone will own a car - fleet of vehicles to take you where you need to go get in - get out.

MB are at it too :person_facepalming:t4:

1 Like