Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2022

Yeah, Amazon don’t play ball. You gotta go through the hassle if you want the discount. Or at least that’s what I’ve always had to do in the past.

Wish more companies were like Lords & Labradors. Ordered one last Christmas gift for the dog on Tuesday. Today it’s an extra 30% off via the app with the Black Friday early access for app members. Hadn’t been fulfilled yet because it’s back ordered.

Rather than waste time with the usual dance, I just went straight to requesting a cancellation so I can order it again. They just refunded the difference for me instead. Take note Amazon!

I’ve definitely had Amazon do it, but it was quite a while ago, maybe they are stricter now.

1 Like

Costco have a great deal on a well specced M2 Air.

Big saving over Apple prices.

2 Likes

Revolut has 42% off Metal for Black Friday. £120 £70

2 Likes

I was looking on there the other day. I was interested in the weekend away bags and the drying coats.

Anything else you’d recommend?

I don’t actually shop from them very often! A lot of the stuff I buy for my dog is usually bespoke from small companies that won’t usually be found on websites like that.

I did buy mine one of their Boucle Christmas stockings this year, because they’re a thing! Customised of course and it’s lovely. So if it’s something they make themselves in their own work shop (which I think the drying coats are), you won’t go far wrong.

Otherwise, they’re more or less a Look Fantastic equivalent of a pet store, which makes them a solid Amazon replacement for pet needs that are step above the regular high street options like pets at home or paws.com

I did buy a Catit cat tree last year. I saw it on their website, but was out of stock, and half price directly from Catit. Fantastic cat tree, and not one I’ve ever seen before in your more standard pet shops.

I don’t buy them often because we have a local dog bakery where I get most of the treats for mine, but Lords and Labradors stock BonBon Pooch and I’d definitely recommend those treats! They do awesome themed ones for holidays.

Their Christmas boxes are good too, but they’re just a selections of things you could otherwise normally just buy yourself, so I generally prefer the Tails ones, especially this with the cute little Jack Brussel toy and bow tie.

In terms of brands they stock, there’s Beco and Hiro + Wolf off the top of my head which I like. I wish they’d stock Paikka too, but Firstvet’s new online store stock those now, so it’s easier to get their stuff in a post brexit world again! They have District 70 too, and is perhaps the only place in the U.K. who does (not really checked) and their bamboo bowls are very nice, and look great too, much better than Beco’s!

They don’t stock the food brands I like, such as AATU and Orijen, but they’d never be able to compete on price with their respective subscriptions.

Can’t comment on the weekend away bags because I don’t have one, but I’ve been looking at those too.

This is what I bought from them a few days which they’ve retroactively added the Black Friday discount for me:

A smaller indie brand they stock, and I find myself drawn more to those than the bigger ones, so they’re good for finding little gems like that.

But yeah, usually I’m more of a buy direct from the manufacturer sort of person for most things when shipping would be free, so I’m probably not the best person to ask for a store like this! But I have been a customer since they started out as a tiny online pet shop, and they always email me a discount on my dog’s birthday, and I’ve generally only ever had positive experiences with them.

My only concern, with seeing how far they’ve grown over the years and what they’ve turned into and the space they compete in, I worry they’re a prime takeover target for THG should the pet market be one they decide to add to their portfolio, and they will ruin it.

3 Likes

Woah thanks for all that, it was really helpful. I’ll go take a look at everything you mentioned :paw_prints:

1 Like

Not sure if anyone on here vapes but this company have 20% off everything:

The offer stacks on multibuy so I’ve just stocked up on a load of Elf Bars. Makes them £3.20 each which is the cheapest I’ve seen.

1 Like

I was going to say I might try them instead of Vapestore but turns out Vapestore have 20% too

3 Likes

Costa deal - Free £5 per £20 gift card.

2 Likes

Held out for 12 hours and then ordered.

Found out after the fact that it’s Wirecutter recommended, so even more chuffed.

4 Likes

When a deal is not what it seems. :person_shrugging:

20% cashback on Amazon Music Unlimited.

Great. At £89 for the annual individual subscription, that’s £17.98 returned. Bonus.

. . . . or is it? :thinking:

Read the T&C of the offer:

Maximum reward £3.00 cashback

WTF! :man_facepalming: :rofl:

5 Likes

Wooooow.

That is pretty weak. Spotify shall keep receiving my money then :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Just checked them out thanks! Theirs doesn’t seem to work on their multibuy though, but good that they stock other brands of stuff though

1 Like

It works on the multi buy, I just used it. 4 for £10, 20% off so I bought 12 for £24

1 Like

Unless it’s certain things then?

1 Like

Oh, says it doesn’t work on the disposables.

Get yourself a proper vape :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Anyone picked up an air fryer today? Or recently bought?

Moving into a new flat in 2 weeks and want to carry something else heavy in the big move :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, I do have a proper one. I just like those for the weekend when I’m out - they’re much easier than carrying a chunky kit, spare coil / cotton and wire and liquid.

2 Likes

HotUKDeals did an article on this yesterday if it’s of any use?

1 Like